Expectations for this team way to high!

CGREEN17

They have a good defensive and thats it they lost there 2 top wr and 2 o line and there #2 rb from last year, they start the season by spaking the sun belt teams and everyone thinks there back! They wont be back for at least 3 yrs! they dont have the talent on the offensive to do anything right now, give it time this program was broken by peterson and its going to take time to fix it. untill we get some playmakers on offensive expect this type of play for a while.

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree. The team is supposed to show improvement and progress every year in the first few years under a new coach, and after that, should maintain 9 wins or more per season. Last year, Pelini reached 9 wins. Anything less than that this year (or any year, for that matter) would be considered a disappointment, in my opinion.

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree. The team is supposed to show improvement and progress every year in the first few years under a new coach, and after that, should maintain 9 wins or more per season. Last year, Pelini reached 9 wins. Anything less than that this year (or any year, for that matter) would be considered a disappointment, in my opinion.

Well one can be expecting anything they choose or disappointed in anything they choose, but claiming a team is "supposed to show improvemtn and progress every year"--is simply not the case. It is what it is. We are playing primarily with players from the previous coaching staff. They were much better last year and some seniors left with the talent. Perhaps that is not "supposed" to happen, but it does. And there is nothing written anywhere that a coach is going to "maintain 9 wins or more per season". We are a very medicore program right how. It is up in the air as to whether things improve or slide furthur or the mediocrity becomes a constant. Thinking something is "supposed to happen" doesn't change reality.