Suh's Personal Foul

Well, they claimed it was after the play was over. So if they had blown the play dead, yeah it was a personal foul. I didn't think the play was over and don't remember whistles (but sometimes you can't hear them on TV depending on where the play is, who is blowing it, etc).

If you toss a QB like a rag doll, right in front of the ref, especially when the play is basically over, you will get called almost every time. Especially with the Big 12 refs.

If the whistles have blown, go ahead and call it a foul, it should be. If they have not, then it should not be a foul. I understand they may be calling it a foul since the NCAA is attempting to make the sport pussyball these days, but it should not be. It's on the refs to decide when the play is over and to blow the whistle. If they did not blow the whistle, then play is not over, and there is nothing wrong with what Suh did.

Well, they claimed it was after the play was over. So if they had blown the play dead, yeah it was a personal foul. I didn't think the play was over and don't remember whistles (but sometimes you can't hear them on TV depending on where the play is, who is blowing it, etc).

If you toss a QB like a rag doll, right in front of the ref, especially when the play is basically over, you will get called almost every time. Especially with the Big 12 refs.

I didnt think Gomes hit on the quarterback was a penalty either.

I didn't hear a whistle at all and it wouldn't make sense to blow the whistle anyways, cause the guy was still fighting. I just think they were like holy crap I have never seen anyone get smoked like that so they called it a penalty. Still, just put a couple of flags on the QB and get it over with...it's ridiculous how they can call some of these penalties.

I didnt think Gomes hit on the quarterback was a penalty either.

It wasn't, that was an even worse call than Suh's, which was pretty bad. But the NCAA sees these calls are necessary now. Maybe they should all sit down for a cup of f'ing tea and a nice pastry before the game, too.

The most ridiculous thing about those calls is, it perpetuates the myth that a QB has to be a drop-back passer. For decades Nebraska had QBs who dished out as much punishment as they took when being tackled. They were real football players. They weren't these flimsy, stick-like pocket passers who bend like a reed in the wind at any sign of pressure.

These calls are designed to save these guys from the inevitibilities of this kind of football - namely, that your immobile, fragile QB is going to get popped.

I disagree with the notion that a pocket passer is so necessary to college football that we must protect the breed with special contact rules.

In short, I think these rules suck.

The most ridiculous thing about those calls is, it perpetuates the myth that a QB has to be a drop-back passer. For decades Nebraska had QBs who dished out as much punishment as they took when being tackled. They were real football players. They weren't these flimsy, stick-like pocket passers who bend like a reed in the wind at any sign of pressure.

These calls are designed to save these guys from the inevitibilities of this kind of football - namely, that your immobile, fragile QB is going to get popped.

I disagree with the notion that a pocket passer is so necessary to college football that we must protect the breed with special contact rules.

In short, I think these rules suck.

Co-sign.