QB battle

Anyone have anything different? I guess can Davis get the #2 spot or can Ganz move up. Adams got sick last year and it just seems things are going to work out.

1 - Zac Taylor (6-2, 210), Jr.

2 - Harrison Beck (6-2, 210), Fr.

3 - Beau Davis (6-4, 185), So.

4 - Joe Ganz (6-1, 200), RFr.

5 - Jordan Adams (6-3, 200), So

No, Taylor will see much more time under center. He understands the system, and is much more mature as a QB due to the fact that he has 2 years on Beck. Beck isnt ready to run the WCO at this level yet. He will just not yet, Taylor sees majority of snaps this year and next year we can expect a classic QB battle.

No, Taylor will see much more time under center. He understands the system, and is much more mature as a QB due to the fact that he has 2 years on Beck. Beck isnt ready to run the WCO at this level yet. He will just not yet, Taylor sees majority of snaps this year and next year we can expect a classic QB battle.

Agree with you here. I think Beck opens the year as the #3 guy behind Davis, but moves up to #2 quickly. Next year we may see a QB battle, but this year, it's ZT.

No, Taylor will see much more time under center.  He understands the system, and is much more mature as a QB due to the fact that he has 2 years on Beck.  Beck isnt ready to run the WCO at this level yet.  He will just not yet, Taylor sees majority of snaps this year and next year we can expect a classic QB battle.

Agree with you here. I think Beck opens the year as the #3 guy behind Davis, but moves up to #2 quickly. Next year we may see a QB battle, but this year, it's ZT.

Care to explain "oddly"? Does Davis loose a limb?

No, Taylor will see much more time under center.  He understands the system, and is much more mature as a QB due to the fact that he has 2 years on Beck.  Beck isnt ready to run the WCO at this level yet.  He will just not yet, Taylor sees majority of snaps this year and next year we can expect a classic QB battle.

Care to explain "oddly"? Does Davis loose a limb?

"oddly"?? :wtf

No, Davis doesn't lose a limb. Beck passes him. Dailey didn't lose a limb, but a bunch of people passed him.

Taylor is so far ahead of everyone else right now that if he got hurt, we would be in trouble. At the very earliest, I don't see Beck challening for the number 2 spot until perhaps mid-season. Davis, Ganz and Adams don't impress me at all. Adams was suppose to be healthy last spring, but he sure didn't show much.

And of course there's no guarantee with Beck. He seems very mature for his age and seems very confident. But when you look at that young Oklahoma QB, who was suppose to be Mr. Everything, you just never know.

Taylor is definitely the man this year and most likely will be next year as well, but Beck is guaranteed baring some injury to see much more time under center next year. He just needs to master the system mentally, and his time to do this is while Taylor is leading us to victory after victory.

Beck is throwing balls so hard, even on short routes that he has to work on his power a little bit. He should get that fixed during fall camp, but i still expect Beck to see playing time this year. After ZT graduates, Beck will be an experienced Junior in 2007 and Josh Freeman wont be to far behind him as a Soph. By then, Ganz and davis will be long gone and so will Adams.

Beck will see lots and lots of playing time. Especially early on when our schedule is a bit easier. We need a backup. If Beck doesn't get enough playing time and Taylor gets knocked out for some reason then we don't go bowling. Callahan won't let that happen again.

Well I guess we'll find out in a little over a month. Actually I think Beck might win the job outright before the season is over. But right now Taylor certainly has the edge. He has been here longer and has had the chance to go through spring ball. Even though beck probably has a playbook that experience Taylor has will be tough to overcome. But as talented as Taylor is, if Beck does win the starting QB job then that just speaks to the talent level we now have.