Dr. Tom reacts to the rematch with the Sooners

The Sooners are just VERY, VERY high on themselves.....

As per their web site...

Unlike some schools where tradition represents ancient history, or others where it harkens back only a few years, Oklahoma's tradition is a constant accomplishment unfettered by eras or time.

How about the 1990s.....hmm, that didn't work out so well, now did it.

I'll tell you what is rich is NU fans trying to tell OU fans how to act. It's funny we bring up the 90's with regards to OU when we're basically living through the same thing with the exception of probation, sanctions, etc. OU has constant accomplishments. I believe Stoops holds the record for amount of consecutive BCS bowl appearances.

Just so I'm clear, it's ok for us to talk about tradition even though its ancient history but not ok for OU to talk about constant accomplishments.

If I were an OU fan, I'd be asking how the 2004 and 2007 seasons worked out for NU. I'd be bringing up the game from last year. I'd basically bring up nearly every game played this decade with the exception of one.

Thanks! I like to tease y'all but it's good natured. I know what you're going thru, I was there in the 90's when they were giving tickets away--lot of respect for NU, 300 consecutive sellouts and counting is awesome, love the way you stand by your team.

And the ND sign is just a joke for them "stealing" our sign, funny that they are now the ones associated with it. My sig pic is Sam's last full game, last game in Norman. We just didn't know it at the time.

Does Oklahoma really have a "Play like a Champion Today" sign that they touch before going out to the field?

Correct me if Im wrong but Im pretty sure that is Notre Dame's sign.

Lame if you ask me.

We've had it since the Bud Wilkinson era--pretty sure Notre Lame has not.

PLAC.jpg

ND added it in 1986 under lou holtz.

hope that helps.

As per their web site...

Unlike some schools where tradition represents ancient history, or others where it harkens back only a few years, Oklahoma's tradition is a constant accomplishment unfettered by eras or time.

I'll tell you what is rich is NU fans trying to tell OU fans how to act. It's funny we bring up the 90's with regards to OU when we're basically living through the same thing with the exception of probation, sanctions, etc. OU has constant accomplishments. I believe Stoops holds the record for amount of consecutive BCS bowl appearances.

Just so I'm clear, it's ok for us to talk about tradition even though its ancient history but not ok for OU to talk about constant accomplishments.

If I were an OU fan, I'd be asking how the 2004 and 2007 seasons worked out for NU. I'd be bringing up the game from last year. I'd basically bring up nearly every game played this decade with the exception of one.

or the switzer years, sweatshirt held a 12-5 advantage over Dr Tom.

barry absolutely OWNED TO.

:cheers

As per their web site...

with the exception of probation, sanctions, etc.

And Barry cheated....then went to Dallas and made an a@@ of himself by carrying a loaded gun to the airport. It isn't always just about winning!!!

And Barry cheated....then went to Dallas and made an a@@ of himself by carrying a loaded gun to the airport. It isn't always just about winning!!!

sorry.

12-5 doesn't reflect EITHER coaches off the field experience.

It's the pure win-loss record of sweatshirt over T.O.

although they remain good friends.

barry owned tom on the football field, where they play the game.

absolutely.

As per their web site...

Switzer may be remembered for lots of things, but in the end he along with Jimmy Johnson are the only two coaches to ever win a D1 National Championship and a Super Bowl.

I'd like to think it isn't always just about winning, but then after a loss and reading post after post whining about losing I always come back to my senses knowing that it's exactly about winning. If it wasn't about winning Clownahan would still be our coach. I'm pretty sure TO was fairly specific as to why Clownahan wasn't retained. I'm pretty sure it had to do with his win/loss record. If it wasn't about winning, coaches who punched players wouldn't still be ranked as some of the all time greats.

Yeah and TO kept Lawrence phillips on the team...mistakes happen. Switzer seems to say nothing but good things about nebraska.

If you get a chance I think you should read "On Solid Ground" by the man himself. It would clear up a few things you imply in your post.

I have the book. What would you be referring to? If it was the LP comment I was making a point. I know the story and am fine with the coaches decision but even he said he probably would have done it another way if he could do it over again. I'm the first person to come to TO's defense on that. He's a class act all the way and he only wanted the best for a struggling young man.