Big XII North Standings

Big XII North Standings:

1. Kansas State 4-2

2. Nebraska 3-2

3. Colorado 2-3

4. Iowa State 2-4

5. Kansas 1-4

6. Missouri 1-4

So Kansas, Iowa State, and Missouri are mathematically eliminated.

Colorado has to win out and be 5-3, but Needs KSU to not win

Nebraska has to beat either KU or CU (MUST win if CU is 4-3) and MUST win vs. KSU on 11/21.

Kansas State seals it up with a win vs NU.

Crazy how Mizzou and KU are 1-4... shocking...

So... still a pretty good race. Colorado is definitely a long shot; Nebraska and KSU are the only two that control their destiny... and the game vs KSU on the 21st is gonna be HUGE

Good point... Three way tie goes to who?

It's complicated, goes in this order.

The records of the three teams will be compared against each other

The records of the three teams will be compared within their division

The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5 and 6)

The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;

The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative

The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative

The representative will be chosen by draw.

Missouri is not Eliminated. They can still go 4-4 and beat KSU to win the north if we lose out.

If we lose out, that means that KState beat us, and would have 5 wins. Nobody is mathmatically eliminated yet, there could still be a log jam at 4-4

Uh... not true... lol

I'll start from with Iowa State...

Iowa State wins out; Finishes 4-4; That puts them tied with K-state's current record, however K-state beat them Head to Head... eliminated

Kansas wins out; Finishes 4-4; Same as ISU... tied with K-state's current record, but losing the head to head... eliminated

Missouri wins out; Finishes 4-4; This puts them ahead of K-state, BUT it is impossible for Nebraska AND K-state to finish with 3 and 4 wins, respectively. If either team wins, which HAS to happen, Missouri is eliminated

Missouri is not Eliminated. They can still go 4-4 and beat KSU to win the north if we lose out.

If we lose out, that means that KState beat us, and would have 5 wins. Nobody is mathmatically eliminated yet, there could still be a log jam at 4-4

Uh... not true... lol

Iowa State wins out; Finishes 4-4; That puts them tied with K-state's current record, however K-state beat them Head to Head... eliminated

Kansas wins out; Finishes 4-4; Same as ISU... tied with K-state's current record, but losing the head to head... eliminated

Missouri wins out; Finishes 4-4; This puts them ahead of K-state, BUT it is impossible for Nebraska AND K-state to finish with 3 and 4 wins, respectively. If either team wins, which HAS to happen, Missouri is eliminated

It's theoretically possible for KState, NU, Iowa St and CU to all end 4-4. Probably some other chances also, not sure.

They could be, but it'll take a ton of what ifs to prove it out.

Who would have thought in August that we would be REALLY happy to have K-Sucks at home this year?

No kidding, but I like our chances against the remaining competition since we actually field a defense. That pretty much sets us apart from the rest of the Big 12 North (I think Kansas State probably has the second best D in the North).

Uh... not true... lol

It's theoretically possible for KState, NU, Iowa St and CU to all end 4-4. Probably some other chances also, not sure.

They could be, but it'll take a ton of what ifs to prove it out.

still....due to tie breakers, those three teams are mathematically eliminated.....

How much better is K State then the K State who lost to Louisiana Lafayette (who we beat 55-0)?

Bill has them overachieving Big Time. It is very impressive what he has done with this talent-lacing team. However they are one Dimensional on offense. Yesterday Daniel Thomas Rushed for 185 yards...Grant Gregory threw for 66 yards(1-1 for 1 yard in the second half) On defense they have some ball hawks in the secondary but their D-line is pretty weak. They are getting turnovers when they need them. KU had 3 drive killing turnovers in the 1st half yesterday.

Kstate fans are on a high right now. I was out in Aggieville, sporting my Husker gear with all the KU/KSU fans partying. Had many respectful KU fans come up to me saying how they have packed it in and are ready for Basketball season to start. But the KSU fans were the opposite, saying how Nebraska got lucky last night and that our D isnt that good, and that we will run all over us. Pretty entertaining...I can't wait for November 21st!!!

But one game at a time...If you are going to the game or want to...I am sure tickets will be plentiful in Lawerance.