Weight: 190

40 time: 4.47

Visit Date: Oct. 7, 2005

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, USC, Oregon, Oregon State and Utah

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #4/ :star:star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Exciting DB, with lots of talent. Has built himself up well after two years at Fresno City College.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 96% He has limited offers right now, he’s eyeing the Huskers. John Blake is recruiting him.

On "Roz on Recruiting" section of Sports Nightly, Roz said he believes this kid will be playing for NU next year. Anyone have any more info?

I looked on this board and couldn't find a thread for him already. I might have missed?

Just an FYI, Roz usually stretches the truth a bit when he goes on radio.

I can remember last year when he proclaimed Callahan Bright and Jerrell Powe among others I'm forgetting would be at NU.

Great insider for NU recruiting, but I believe he uses the radio show to get more subscriptions to HI, honestly. Can't say I blame him either. :)

Just an FYI, Roz usually stretches the truth a bit when he goes on radio.

I can remember last year when he proclaimed Callahan Bright and Jerrell Powe among others I'm forgetting would be at NU.

Great insider for NU recruiting, but I believe he uses the radio show to get more subscriptions to HI, honestly. Can't say I blame him either. :)

That's because bright and powe were on the edge of committing, so to say he stretched the truth is not accurate on THAT particular account. I reported the same thing a few weeks earlier on Big Husker Fan and when those 2 decided to go elsehwere, guess who took all the heat? Recruits change their minds but some people don't seem to understand that point.

Does Roz stretch the truth? Yes, more often then not but when he says something that isn't far fetched, it's usually close to the truth. You just have to have enough info to know what is the truth and what is "selling subscriptions"

Edge of committing? Uh...what?

We backed off Bright in the early fall last year when it came out about all the grade problems, on and off field issues he was having, etc., We were never close to landing this guy.

Powe was the same. Powe was a HEAVY Auburn lean, even though we were the favorite during his junior year. When no one thought he could get in academically, everyone backed off....including Auburn. Thus LSU grabbed his commit in hopes he would make it.

We were never close on either.

We backed off Bright in the early fall last year when it came out about all the grade problems, on and off field issues he was having, etc., We were never close to landing this guy.

Powe was the same. Powe was a HEAVY Auburn lean, even though we were the favorite during his junior year. When no one thought he could get in academically, everyone backed off....including Auburn. Thus LSU grabbed his commit in hopes he would make it.

Where did Powe finally go? Did he qualify?

I guess we will just agree to disagree. Powe was better off academically then Jordan Picou was, but you didn't see us backing off Picou did you? Bright never had off field issues. It was a argument that was blown out of porportion by news services, and all of a sudden you heard that fists went flying. None of that went down.

Where did Powe finally go? Did he qualify?

He qualified and ended up verballing to Ole Mis. He now enters the fall camp as a backup starter

Bright never had off field issues. It was a argument that was blown out of porportion by news services, and all of a sudden you heard that fists went flying. None of that went down.

So why did he get kicked off his High School team? I thought that's what was reported last year.

He wasn't kicked off, he was suspended for 2 games because the ref claimed he showed unsportsmanlike conduct with another player from the opposing team but he wasn't the instigator. The incident was on film.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...