Callahan gone?

Are my cheesy fries done yet?

That's pretty weak. Former and newearth beat me to the punch otherwise I would have called you on that as well since three of those guys went to the same high school I did . Can't believe I am saying this, but Former I think you nailed him. :blink:

baha.giffunnypost.gif

That coming from you is really funny considering i know you from Big Husker Fan and i know that you were one of a few people like Stormcrow who has something against me for whatever reason. Really, your opinion doesn't mean much to me as much as it would from someone i know and knows me.

They did in 1 recruiting class more then Solich did his last 4 years at Nebraska. Callahan has brought in 12 prospects with 4 stars and 2 prospects with 5 stars. Solich managed only 2 prospects with 4 stars in his last 4 recruiting classes. One ended up being dismissed from the team (David Horne). The other one is fabian washington.

:rollin This is just too easy :rollin . Don’t you ever get tired of me proving you wrong? According to Rivals100, FSs last 2 classes (2002, 2003) had (1) 5* and (9) 4* recruits. The biggest problems was the recruits not panning out, leaving NU very thin.

2003-

4*-J Mueller

-Bo Ruud

-R Shuler

-B Teamer

2002-

5*-D Williams

4*-C Dukes

-M LeFlore

-D Horne

-F Washington

-J Moore

Like normal, I’m sure you won’t respond when you’re proven wrong. :wacko: Your lack of knowledge of Husker football is staggering, do yourself a favor and give it up.

That response is weak for several reasons. First off, when i said managed, i knew people understood it meant "averaged". Apperently everyone understands that except you.

All I can say to that is WOW!!!! :blink: Either you are really grasping at straws here with your damage control, or you really dont know :wtf you are talking about. :dumdum

I'll give you a couple of definitions:

Manage-pull off: be successful; achieve a goal

Average-median(a): relating to or constituting the middle value of an ordered set of values

Im not sure where you went to school, but these are not even close to the same. I understand English, and what a word means :wacko: . Before you post, you should try to do the same.

I apologize for taking a word for its true meaning, I'll never do it again. What is this world coming to????? :sarcasm

I beg of all other members, did you think that he meant "average" when he said "managed"?????

What's 9 prospects divided by 4 (do the math)?

Uhh, okay??? Even if you did mean "averaged", since we only went back 2 YEARS 10/2= (5) four or five star recruits in FSs last 2 classes. Remedial arithmetic :dumdum ??????

Ryan Schuler (might as well be from Nebraska since he's from South Dakota)

Your argument about Schuler is way off base, as Iowa and Minnesota are also favorites of kids from the Dakotas, and Barney Cotton actually stole this guy from Oklahoma.

Your list includes how many kids from Nebraska? Lets take a look

Even so, what does it matter if the 4* or 5* recruits are from NE, they are still top recruits :bang ????? I guess that good players from NE are not as good as good players from other states huh?? Just ask Crouch, or Remington, or D Steinkuhler, or A Green, or Sayers, or Z Wiegert, or....whatever. :wacko:

Gotcha!! :thumbs

:sarcasm

Compare your list of recruits to Callahans first full recruiting class.

If you want to compare to billy c's first class (2004), well then lets do that- billy c. had (2) 4* recruits Myrtha, and Grixby-who by your own admission does not count since he is a Nebraska kid :dumdum So by your own warped math, he got (1) 4* in his first year.

Please name the last prospect FROM NEBRASKA with 4 STARS OR MORE or a player classified as a "IMPACT PLAYER" before recruiting services brought out their ranking system, that DID NOT end up a Husker? Sorry but you won't find one since 1987 It's a GIVEN that Nebraska kids that "recruiting services" claim to be 4 stars or higher will end up as Huskers. It's actually a life fact, not just a given.

As far as the last big time recruit to leave, well, I remember Ty Goode (90's), Junior Bryant, and OL-Tim Ridder (90s) from Creighton Prep that went to Notre Dame, they were all top players in the state. There was a db from Central (Williams??) a few years ago that went to Michigan, and Frost (90s) went to Stanford. Im not sure what their "stars" were, but they were all pretty good players.

Thanks for proving my point with your own words

You have no point , all you do is make a bunch of false statements in the hopes that someone will believe you. Pretty funny though, a bunch of us have seen through your gargbage.

Now what are you gonna do, come back with another bogus, blatantly untrue post, damage control, or are you going to act like you took the high road and "ignore" it??

Uhh, okay??? Even if you did mean "averaged", since we only went back 2 YEARS 10/2= (5) four or five star recruits in FSs last 2 classes. Remedial arithmetic

Nice try trying to take my words and twist them around. Learn to read before you comment on my posts. 4 recruiting classes (which is what i said) is not the same as 2. 4 is bigger then 2 and 2 is smaller then 4. You do know that right? Go back and ready my post again. I said 4 recruiting classes. Let me know if i lose you here

9/4 ~> 2.25 (round that out)

Your argument about Schuler is way off base, as Iowa and Minnesota are also favorites of kids from the Dakotas, and Barney Cotton actually stole this guy from Oklahoma.

Because i mentioned favorites right? But to play devils advocate with your own words, Iowa St and Iowa and Kansas St would be favorites then with Nebraska too right? I am sure you will find a way to counter that argument since you love weasling your way out with mind games. Either way, thanks for still proving my point when i said its a fact that highly ranked Nebraska kids end up at Nebraska and that since Ryan was basically considered a Nebraska kid, where did he end up?

Even so, what does it matter if the 4* or 5* recruits are from NE, they are still top recruits ????? I guess that good players from NE are not as good as good players from other states huh?? Just ask Crouch, or Remington, or D Steinkuhler, or A Green, or Sayers, or Z Wiegert, or....whatever

And i said Nebraska kids are not that good where? More mind games of you trying to twist peoples words as always. I find it ironic that you can priase a kid from Nebraska and knock another kid from Jersey or California or Florida and say that they are not that bright. One minute you are praising Crouch like you did above, on another thread you make fun of him and classify him as a crybaby. Can we say contradiction?

If you want to compare to billy c's first class (2004), well then lets do that- billy c. had (2) 4* recruits Myrtha, and Grixby-who by your own admission does not count since he is a Nebraska kid So by your own warped math, he got (1) 4* in his first year

I don't even have to respond to that because you can't read. Go back and read what i said. Another failed attempt to twist my words around.

As far as the last big time recruit to leave, well, I remember Ty Goode (90's), Junior Bryant, and OL-Tim Ridder (90s) from Creighton Prep that went to Notre Dame, they were all top players in the state. There was a db from Central (Williams??) a few years ago that went to Michigan, and Frost (90s) went to Stanford. Im not sure what their "stars" were, but they were all pretty good players

The only person in that list worthy of mentioning is Scott Frost, but where did he end up at when it was all said and done?

Capitols_TyGoode.jpgTy goode? You can't be serious. If you are, then excuse me while i laugh myself to death The same Ty Goode who is playing for the Lincoln Capitols indoor football team?? What exactly is it at ND that he did that classifies him as a "special player" in your mind. He sat on the bench for so long at ND that he became a bench warmer. Just because he won All state running back in 93, then all of a sudden he is considered good? Jeff Semrod won offensive player of the year in 1995 and he turned out to be a flop in DIV-A. Chris Cooper ring a bell? Another flop in DIV-A. All the players you mentioned above sat thru their freshman and soph years. The only exception is Frost who transfered after his Soph year back to Nebraska because he wasn't going to get any playing time. Either way, he ended up BACK AT NEBRASKA.

You have no point , all you do is make a bunch of false statements in the hopes that someone will believe you. Pretty funny though, a bunch of us have seen through your gargbage.

Now what are you gonna do, come back with another bogus, blatantly untrue post, damage control, or are you going to act like you took the high road and "ignore" it??

No, i don't need to do damage control. You twisting my words and the proof in this thread is obvious enough. If you actually think you proved me wrong, then go right ahead. You would be stupid if you thought that your so called "attempts to not look stupid" haven't already you look stupid to the rest of the board

Don't try to play Husker Knowledge FF, you will only keep digging deeper holes. While you have to research the info by googling it, going to huskers.com and various other Husker sports information related sites, i have it all in my head and the rest through past media guides. When you decide to stop twisting peoples words around, some people might take your serious. I just love responding to your posts because i like showing the rest of the board how much of a fool you look when u try to discuss Husker History

Don't try to play Husker Knowledge FF, you will only keep digging deeper holes. While you have to research the info by googling it, going to huskers.com and various other Husker sports information related sites, i have it all in my head and the rest through past media guides.

Not taking formerfan's side, but can your head get any bigger? Come on dude it is getting pretty thick in here. I have to use some of those means to get information also.

What's wrong with Goode playing indoor ball? Didn't Tim Ridder start his last two years at ND? Junior Bryant wasn't any good? Unlike Frost I believe he actually started some games in the NFL.

Don't try to play Husker Knowledge FF, you will only keep digging deeper holes. While you have to research the info by googling it, going to huskers.com and various other Husker sports information related sites, i have it all in my head and the rest through past media guides.

Not taking formerfan's side, but can your head get any bigger? Come on dude it is getting pretty thick in here. I have to use some of those means to get information also.

What's wrong with Goode playing indoor ball? Didn't Tim Ridder start his last two years at ND? Junior Bryant wasn't any good? Unlike Frost I believe he actually started some games in the NFL.

For you, its ok to use sites like that to do research. It's him that makes me laugh because he tries to act like he knows everything. If i don't know something, i won't comment on it. If i do know something, i will comment on it but only what i know. Look at what FF uses. He uses word "i think" or "i believe" which means he isn't even sure of the information he is dishing out. Can't fault me for being a die hard fan. Yes i will admit it, i am a Husker FANATIC and i read every single thing and watch anything that has to do with the Huskers and i memorize it. Does it make me a sick individual for loving college football to much? Maybe, but who cares. We all have hobbies (or at least i know i do) and mine just more fanatic then someone else's hobby.

There's nothing wrong with playing indoor football. It's perfectly fine as a hobby, but it doesn't make you a superstar. Indoor football is the mini version of the NFL, except its for guys who do it for fun and not for a living. Goody by the way is a part time insurance salesman in addition to being a IFL player.

Please name the last prospect FROM NEBRASKA with 4 STARS OR MORE or a player classified as a "IMPACT PLAYER" before recruiting services brought out their ranking system, that DID NOT end up a Husker? Sorry but you won't find one since 1987 (i will let you guess who that is since you seem to be the most knowledgeable husker fan among us supposedly). It's a GIVEN that Nebraska kids that "recruiting services" claim to be 4 stars or higher will end up as Huskers. It's actually a life fact, not just a given.

Original question

Answer:

Stevie Hicks

Junior Bryant

Tim Ridder

Scott Frost

Result:

You're wrong.

That coming from you is really funny considering i know you from Big Husker Fan

That's funny considering I don't even know what big husker fan is.

and i know that you were one of a few people like Stormcrow who has something against me for whatever reason.

I have something against people that pass themselves off as experts/insiders that are frequently incorrect. You seem to have an awful lot of people that have been members of other boards attacking you. You're barking up the wrong tree, buddy. I don't know who you are, I frankly don't care. Don't start :cry when you get called on your BS.

Really, your opinion doesn't mean much to me as much as it would from someone i know and knows me.

Likewise

Please name the last prospect FROM NEBRASKA with 4 STARS OR MORE or a player classified as a "IMPACT PLAYER" before recruiting services brought out their ranking system, that DID NOT end up a Husker? Sorry but you won't find one since 1987 (i will let you guess who that is since you seem to be the most knowledgeable husker fan among us supposedly). It's a GIVEN that Nebraska kids that "recruiting services" claim to be 4 stars or higher will end up as Huskers. It's actually a life fact, not just a given.

Original question

Answer:

Stevie Hicks

Junior Bryant

Tim Ridder

Scott Frost

Result:

You're wrong.

That coming from you is really funny considering i know you from Big Husker Fan

That's funny considering I don't even know what big husker fan is.

and i know that you were one of a few people like Stormcrow who has something against me for whatever reason.

I have something against people that pass themselves off as experts/insiders that are frequently incorrect. You seem to have an awful lot of people that have been members of other boards attacking you. You're barking up the wrong tree, buddy. I don't know who you are, I frankly don't care. Don't start :cry when you get called on your BS.

Really, your opinion doesn't mean much to me as much as it would from someone i know and knows me.

Likewise

Keep clinging on to Tom Riddger, Goody and Junior Bryant. I am sure you will eventually convince yourself that they were impact players. Why dont you throw in the other guys i mentioned also in my thread since they all won All state something and ended up being flops in DIV-A. hysterical.gif

The only thing i will admit to is Steve Hicks. I forgot about him and he's the only guy who has gotton away from Nebraska that's considered an impact player. We can thank Frank Solich for him going to Iowa St. So Frankie broke a tradition of bringing in the top talent in the state. I guess it implies he was losing his touch on recruiting. Thank god Callahan is here and hasn't let a top prospect from the state go to another rival team.

That's funny considering I don't even know what big husker fan is

So now all of a sudden you don't know what BHF is huh? You must be a republican. Deny, Deny, Deny

Likewise

If my opinion doesn't matter to you, why you responding?

I rest my case

That's funny considering I don't even know what big husker fan is

So now all of a sudden you don't know what BHF is huh? You must be a republican. Deny, Deny, Deny

You are so diluted its pathetic. Ask DaveH(ya know, A MOD) if I ever belonged to a message board before this one. :dumdum

I am done responding to these lame attempts to stump me. If you want to discuss the ORIGINAL purpose of this thread, i would be more then happy to, but you can come back and counter with whatever you, i will simply ignore it out of respect for the other posters and mods.

Sounds like a defeated man. It's in black and white. Hicks is an impact player, Ridder started for 2 years at ND, Bryant played in the NFL and we all know about Frost. It's not even a matter of stumping you, you are flat out wrong and got called on your BS.

Likewise

If my opinion doesn't matter to you, why you responding?

I rest my case

Then why did you respond in the first place? I rest my case.

Keep clinging on to Tom Riddger, Goody and Junior Bryant. I am sure you will eventually convince yourself that they were impact players. Why dont you throw in the other guys i mentioned also in my thread since they all won All state something and ended up being flops in DIV-A.

Ty Goode was a huge recruit back in his day. It was a very big deal when he went to ND. Just because he didn't pan out, doesn't mean he wasn't a huge recruit. The argument you are making, Nameless, is about 4 and 5 star incoming recruits, not how they finish college. Goode was at least a 4 star caliber guy.

Keep clinging on to Tom Riddger, Goody and Junior Bryant. I am sure you will eventually convince yourself that they were impact players. Why dont you throw in the other guys i mentioned also in my thread since they all won All state something and ended up being flops in DIV-A.

Ty Goode was a huge recruit back in his day. It was a very big deal when he went to ND. Just because he didn't pan out, doesn't mean he wasn't a huge recruit. The argument you are making, Nameless, is about 4 and 5 star incoming recruits, not how they finish college. Goode was at least a 4 star caliber guy.

That was my whole point JR, but somewhere, somehow schesteve...errr i mean formerfan decided to twist it around and make it about something else. It still doesn't change the fact that Callahan is a better recruiter then Solich was. Callahan still pulled in more quality players with the same facilities last year as Solich did in 2003 and 2002 and any other recruting class shesteve wants to include his in list.

Callahan wont get canned anytime soon. The person who wrote this article thinks that just because we fired a coach after a 10-3 season, that anything less then that will be cause for Callahan to get fired. The minimum turnaround is 2 years. I hate using this as an example, but Barnett even admitted that fact during the Big12 media day. What has colorado done the last 3 of 4 years? They have won the Big12 North division. Sure the division has been going downhill for a while, but regardless, that's the only reason why Barnett still has a job (for now).

Right now, anything less then winning the Big12 North will be a dissapointment for this coaching staff. The battle for the division will come down to Nebraska and Iowa St. Whoever wins the NU/Iowa St matchup will hold the upper hand in the division. That's why that first Big12 conference game is so important this year