Defensive Coaching

I know our line is nasty and all, but they were getting beat in this game. I agree with carl in letting the front 4 battle it out and try and get into the backfield, but after awhile dont you think we need to start bringing some more heat? I have faith in our dline to get back there, but if its not getting done we need to blitz. Our corners have showed recently that they can man up and make the plays, so blitz more. anyone agree?

Yes, except for that last important drive of KU's, we hardly (or not at all?) blitzed in the second half. It was frustrating watching them just continue to sit back while our front four got no pressure on the QB and they picked us apart on every drive. It's one of the few times this season where I felt like we had a defensive coaching breakdown. But they did blitz on that key drive and we stopped them, so that's what really matters in the end.

I think after the corner blitz in the second half where Asante blew his assignment and Briscoe ran down the field for 40 yards probably made him a bit gun shy

I agree, and that's my feeling as well. But I don't think that's a good reason to go totally away from the blitz when your front four can't get any pressure at all. Like I said, we won and we ended up stopping them when it really counted (and went back to the blitz). And KU had a very good gameplan against us and we held them to 17 points. It's nitpicking, but still, I did notice that stretch during the game.

Yes, except for that last important drive of KU's, we hardly (or not at all?) blitzed in the second half. It was frustrating watching them just continue to sit back while our front four got no pressure on the QB and they picked us apart on every drive. It's one of the few times this season where I felt like we had a defensive coaching breakdown. But they did blitz on that key drive and we stopped them, so that's what really matters in the end.

It was frustrating, but given how Reesing was throwing in the first half, I don't blame Carl for deciding to drop more guys into coverage, it made sense based on how the game was going but didn't work out