Six out of top 25 fall Maybe we get in?

Sker68

Might happen. :dunno (as of 9:00pm Az time) We beat KSUCKS then most likely! :restore

This came up last week after we beat OU, I said then we wouldn't crack the top 25 until we beat both KU and KSUX (only half way there). Now that so many top 25 teams lost today, who knows, maybe we will. Still think we may have to wait until after we hopefully beat KSUX. Only because that ISU loss still hurts us nationaly.

I noticed this, too. We just don't need to worry about being ranked. We need to worry about K-State, and K-State ONLY.

Rankings are out of our hands. Winning the North is in our hands, and it's very possible if we play sound football. If we get big heads and get out of control, we'll get our butts beat.

I just hope this team remembers what happened after we beat Missouri. We are given NOTHING. We have to go out and get what we want.

Practice starts Monday. Go get some.

I noticed this, too. We just don't need to worry about being ranked. We need to worry about K-State, and K-State ONLY.

Rankings are out of our hands. Winning the North is in our hands, and it's very possible if we play sound football. If we get big heads and get out of control, we'll get our butts beat.

I just hope this team remembers what happened after we beat Missouri. We are given NOTHING. We have to go out and get what we want.

Yep, rankings are somewhat irrelevant now unless you are in the top 10. I mean, its nice to be nationaly ranked but what does it really do? Our goal is to win the North and then the B12.

Now if we had held VT and not shot ourselves in the foot vs the Cyclones......... dedhoarse

Yep, rankings are somewhat irrelevant now unless you are in the top 10. I mean, its nice to be nationaly ranked but what does it really do? Our goal is to win the North and then the B12.

Now if we had held VT and not shot ourselves in the foot vs the Cyclones......... dedhoarse

exposure...... always good for recruiting...esp in our situation. its not a huge deal, but there is something to it.

Pitt losing doesn't get us ranked, though.

Guys - we lost to Iowa State. We should not be concerned with being ranked.

Exactly!!! Anyway, just to think that we could go 10-4 (if we win the next two games, loose to Texas and hopefully win our Bowl game) in Pelini's second year, went 9-4 his 1st. That is awesome, a lot of us hoped we would just have some kind of winning seasons period after the debacle that was 07. They keep doing what they are doing and the rankings will eventually come. Shoot, it is possible :koolaid2: that we could go 11-3 this year if we actually win out. Did I mention :koolaid2: .

I think we get into the Top 25 this week, if we get past KSU we get into the Top 20, If we win against CU we get around 15 to 17, and if we win against Texas we get into the top 12....Win our bowl game maybe break into the top 10. There is still hope, but that is all predicated on other teams possibly losing that are ranked higher than us, too.

I'm worried about ranking and screw everybody if they think I shouldn't be. I'm a FAN. I don't HAVE to be focused by KSU - I'll leave that to the actual players. I can worry myself sick about KSU all week and all I'll get is the runs. :espnsucks: But yeah, I want NU to be in the top 25 and YES, I'm focused on it.

I'm worried about ranking and screw everybody if they think I shouldn't be. I'm a FAN. I don't HAVE to be focused by KSU - I'll leave that to the actual players. I can worry myself sick about KSU all week and all I'll get is the runs. But yeah, I want NU to be in the top 25 and YES, I'm focused on it.

Calm down there, tiger.

I don't know what position you play, but winning the north is out of my hands as much as the rankings are. Work hard in practice, ok? We need you ready for the KSU game. :w00t

(just having some fun)

I don't think many, if any, of the teams that lost today move out of the top 25. So, no, I don't think we move into the top 25.

Pitt losing doesn't get us ranked, though.

Guys - we lost to Iowa State. We should not be concerned with being ranked.

Exactly!!! Anyway, just to think that we could go 10-4 (if we win the next two games, loose to Texas and hopefully win our Bowl game) in Pelini's second year, went 9-4 his 1st. That is awesome, a lot of us hoped we would just have some kind of winning seasons period after the debacle that was 07. They keep doing what they are doing and the rankings will eventually come. Shoot, it is possible :koolaid2: that we could go 11-3 this year if we actually win out. Did I mention :koolaid2: .

...and to think that half of his losses would be to Tech schools...... :bang