DT Anthony White

From past experiences with othe DT's from Callahans classes, they dont seem to pan out as well as ends do. Maybe im wrong

ola and cryer were pretty good and well worth the ships. dixon was decent and seemed to be getting better until he got booted. barfield provided depth at DT, but was disappointing overall. "the beast", despite his recruiting hype and sean callahan's panting over him, was a bust.

i can't think of a single notable juco DE in recent years though.

From Husker Journal:

NOVEMBER 20 2009. MESSAGE BOARDS

ANTHONY WHITE, DL, 6-3, 305, FORT SCOTT J.C. KANSAS

JUCO’S To Visit NU

“I’m taking an official visit to Nebraska this Saturday. I’m going up there with a couple of my teammates (Hardwick and David).” White said

No Husker Offer Yet

“Nebraska hasn’t offered me I don’t have a clue if they will. If they (Nebraska) do offer me I’ll probably wait (commit) I’m not positive yet. The coaches just wanted to know if I wanted to come up there for an official.” White said

“I’m friends with Brandon Kinnie who is there (Nebraska) now and he really likes it. Brandon said it’s a good school. I talk to him once in awhile.” White said

“Nebraska Likes My Abilities”

“My defensive lineman coach told me Nebraska likes my abilities.” White said, “Coach Beck (Nebraska) came up and talked to me for about five minutes before the Butler game, he was by last spring too.” The Battle Creek Central standout said.”

White said he has three to play three and is a May graduate.

• 2 months later...