Darkhorses?

As practice draws closer the probable #1 and #2 have been speculated for positions. Who could be a surprising contributor/impact player this year that most folks haven't highlighted yet (i.e. Josh Bullocks in 03 or Kurt Mann in 04)?

My first guess is Octavien. His name has been tossed around when talking about LBs but I'm thinking he'll be a much better player than people expect. If he's up to 235 now and can really run a 4.5 he could make a lot of plays people wouldn't expect. If he has the kind of motor to run plays down from the backside and can cover someone out of the backfield he'll be a force.

My 2nd guess would be Frantz Hardy. He's been hyped a little more, but he seems to have the tools to be a DI reciever.

Can't wait til Thursday.

Again in response to this question, I'm going w/the Navy Seal from Omaha! I think Souder's impact on special teams will be really nice this year.

I agree - I think that special teams will receive a greater emphasis, and players who "sell out" on each play have the potential to really swing a game. Souder sure seems like one of those.

Again in response to this question, I'm going w/the Navy Seal from Omaha!  I think Souder's impact on special teams will be really nice this year.

I agree - I think that special teams will receive a greater emphasis, and players who "sell out" on each play have the potential to really swing a game. Souder sure seems like one of those.

Agree with both you guys here. I can't wait to see Souder lighting people up this fall. He has the right attitude to be a stud special teams player.