Darkhorses?

How about...Cory Ross...

Seriously. I figured he was one player to benefit most from Cally's offense. This offense will only make him more valuable to the pro style. I can really see him going for 750+ on the ground, and 4-500 in the air. He has terrific hands. If he gets enough pub, and a great year, he may even be a darkhorse Heisman candidate (longshot here). Remember Roger Doger Craig, and how much he benefitted from the WCO in SF?

I think that Nick Covey will be a very good player. His size and speed is close to what NU had in the 90's for lbs. I think he will suprise.

Covey has increased his stock the most this offseason. Runs a 4.6 at 225lbs,

ETR reported it was down to 4.45 in the 40. I agree, he is another player that could do some damage, probably in the special teams capacity this year.

does anyone have the scoop on tyrell spain hows he looking in practices

Spain and Picou are still out. The NCAA has to clear them, the coaches aren't worried too much, but if every D1 team in the country has 5 or 10 guys waiting to clear, the NCAA has their hands full. And they have to find out which mascot names are offensive on top of that!

Whew, the tough job of Myles Brand and Co. :wacko:

does anyone have the scoop on tyrell spain hows he looking in practices

Spain and Picou are still out. The NCAA has to clear them, the coaches aren't worried too much, but if every D1 team in the country has 5 or 10 guys waiting to clear, the NCAA has their hands full. And they have to find out which mascot names are offensive on top of that!

Whew, the tough job of Myles Brand and Co. :wacko:

But they're only offensive during the postseason, that should make things a little easier.