BIG pet peave

They played better than they have, but still very flat. Thank goodness we have a good defense. But even the defense has looked a little flat since the OU game, seems like KU and KSU figured out something to keep Crick and Suh busy, I have a hard time believing that their O-line is any better than OU's was.

I hope both the offense and defense play lights out against Texas, or it will be a long day.

A win is a win yes, but my Biggest Pet Peave is going away from what was working in the first half. I just couldn't get why Wats was calling the second half the way he did.

You know, the same people bashing on Watson for being too conservative in the second half would be the first people rage-mashing their keyboard about how Watson let Lee piss the game away throwing picks if he hadn't let up.

A win is a win yes, but my Biggest Pet Peave is going away from what was working in the first half. I just couldn't get why Wats was calling the second half the way he did.

he was doing it because we have a great defense. we play to win, not blowout teams. that was the game plan for the 2nd half, ball control. 2 touchdowns is a ton to overcome against our defense, we did not need to score a single point if we did not turn over the ball, why do anything risky. the game plan drastically changes because we have effectively won the game at that point.

he was doing it because we have a great defense. we play to win, not blowout teams. that was the game plan for the 2nd half, ball control. 2 touchdowns is a ton to overcome against our defense, we did not need to score a single point if we did not turn over the ball, why do anything risky. the game plan drastically changes because we have effectively won the game at that point.

I understand this, but doesn't the I formation do all of the above that you had mentioned? We were running it effectively run and playaction pass. IMO that is the best way to use clock and control the game.

I understand this, but doesn't the I formation do all of the above that you had mentioned? We were running it effectively run and playaction pass. IMO that is the best way to use clock and control the game.

agreed. that is a valid point, i'm overly defensive right now.

Look, we won ok? Im honestly surprised at how many fans say our offense was horrible. Look how they were today and last week compared to the games before those. I'd say they've played pretty good the past 2 weeks, especially today. Honestly people.

WOW we got as many points against K-State as Massachusetts did. 17 Friggen points. Now I don't feel as bad because we are as good as Massachusets !! Awesome !! Is that husker offensive good or what ??

Look, we won ok? Im honestly surprised at how many fans say our offense was horrible. Look how they were today and last week compared to the games before those. I'd say they've played pretty good the past 2 weeks, especially today. Honestly people.

WOW we got as many points against K-State as Massachusetts did. 17 Friggen points. Now I don't feel as bad because we are as good as Massachusets !! Awesome !! Is that husker offensive good or what ??

that was 4 points less than they needed, our 17 points was 14 more than NU needed...

the game plan considers both parts of the team.

Okay I'm sorry but, how many points you put up against a team doesn't compare you to a team that beat the same team by the same amount of points. K-state's D got better as the year progressed. And plus as you could tell, we werent trying to run the score up on them. As long as we had our defense keeping them from scoring we didn't need to score. Seriously, stop b!tch!ng.

Okay I'm sorry but, how many points you put up against a team doesn't compare you to a team that beat the same team by the same amount of points. K-state's D got better as the year progressed. And plus as you could tell, we werent trying to run the score up on them. As long as we had our defense keeping them from scoring we didn't need to score. Seriously, stop b!tch!ng.

They did not run up the score because they couldn't run up the score thanks to Watson not calling the right plays as he always does...

They did not run up the score because they couldn't run up the score thanks to Watson not calling the right plays as he always does...

Im done arguing.

troll-web.jpg

I thought it was a nice game. The offense attacked when they needed to and sat on the lead with time running out. We converted a key 4th down in our territory in the 4th to keep it out of their hands. Overall a decent game. Not nearly the level of drive killing penalties we've seen in the past and we played a scappy kstate defense coached by a legend. Good solid win. Up 14 for most of the second half is a solid win these days.

Up 14 for most of the second half is a solid win these days.

Uh, where are you getting your sports news from? According to the last Sports Illustrated I've ever received, which is this awesome collectors edition with Number 15 holding up a finger underneath 'Champions Again,' anything less than 50 point is a sh**ty offensive effort.