Big 12 Champ. Question

C N Red

I thought maybe some of you may know what the best thing to do is. I am going to the Big 12 championship and will be staying in a hotel near the airport. Now I know that is still like 14 miles from the stadium. I was wondering if it would be best to drive out ourselves and tailgate or try to find a shuttle or taxi to take us out and back. Will it be a problem finding a taxi or shuttle before or after the game?

Just looking to find if anyone knows what may be the best. Thanks in advance.

I thought maybe some of you may know what the best thing to do is. I am going to the Big 12 championship and will be staying in a hotel near the airport. Now I know that is still like 14 miles from the stadium. I was wondering if it would be best to drive out ourselves and tailgate or try to find a shuttle or taxi to take us out and back. Will it be a problem finding a taxi or shuttle before or after the game?

Just looking to find if anyone knows what may be the best. Thanks in advance.

First, let me ask you a question; I do not know what your hotel rate is; however, I live in Frisco, TX about 35 miles from Arlington and the Hilton Garden Inn has rates right now for $65.00 a night.

Now, we are driving and tailgating outside the Stadium parking lot. I am not for sure what parking is going for during the Big XII Championship; however, for the Cowboys games, I hear it is up to $60+ dollars to park and tailgate in stadium parking lot. There is no reason for anyone to have to pay $60 to park, drink and have fun after we pay out the a** for game tickets

To be honest with you, I would drive. The roads are a disaster in Arlington and it is going to take forever to make it to the stadium no matter what time you leave. A Taxi will cost you out the a** and from what I hear, the shuttle service around Arlington is a f%&k**** joke.

Just my thoughts.

I am down that way all the time, I highly recommend you drive. You will have a hard time getting a taxi back after the game, because they will not want to mess with the congestion around the stadium. If you could get a taxi, it would still be cheaper to drive and park than it would be to pay the taxi to sit in traffic.

You "might" be able to get a shuttle to and from the game, but again I am betting it would be cheaper just to drive, and a lot less aggravation. It isn't that hard to get from the Airport over to the stadium.

As a Dallasite, do not under any circumstances, take a shuttle. It is much better to park and take the side streets out.

There is a REALLY good deal for parking if you know where to look. But, like the coveted parking path I use to get to the Texas/ou game, divulging that info here means more competition for me :)

Pm a brother with the info.. I can keep a secret..

In the manner of sportsmanship, and because I feel bad that you are spending all that money to see your team lose (j/k), I'll hook you up.

Unless you are staying at a hotel within walking distance to the stadium, the cheapest that you will pay for parking around the stadium is $20 at seedy places. (I.E. Used tire shops, lower income housing lawns, etc.) If you use the stadium lots the minimum that you will pay is $60.

This is how you beat it...

There is a place about 1/2 of a mile due west of the stadium called Lincoln Square. Basically, it is an outdoor shopping center.

Here is the trick: http://www.lincolnsquarearlington.com/cowboys-parking.php

1. Park in the Lincoln Square shopping area

2. Go into Best Buy and purchase $40 worth of gift certificates

3. Place receipt in the dash of your car

4. Give gift certificates away as stocking stuffers

5. ???

6. Profit

If you are going to pay for parking anyhow, might as well get something out of it. I wouldn't recommend getting there any later than 3:00 PM. Now, if I get there and I see a bunch of red car flags in my spot, I'm cracking skulls :)

I will post this again, since no one else can seem to find this.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C00434F...;minorcatid=103

That is for parking in the lots around the stadium. You will not be spending $60+ like everyone seems to think.

Parking is $30 for non-tailgate and $40 for tailgate parking.

There are designated North Team and South Team lots.

I have not checked all of the lots for availability. My guess is that most of them are probably sold out already. I would recommend contacting some nice KSU fans that got a bit ahead of themselves.

That is for parking in the lots around the stadium. You will not be spending $60+ like everyone seems to think.

I have not checked all of the lots for availability. My guess is that most of them are probably sold out already. I would recommend contacting some nice KSU fans that got a bit ahead of themselves.

They are all sold out.... I have been on the phone with Ticketmaster trying to find parking passes. Best bet right now will be Stub Hub or Craig's List.

They are all sold out.... I have been on the phone with Ticketmaster trying to find parking passes. Best bet right now will be Stub Hub or Craig's List.

Glad I got my parking pass in Lot 14 this morning. I almost didn't get it today. I figured they wouldn't all sell out that fast. Sure glad I did.

EDIT: I just checked and you can still get parking in Lot 14. Didn't check any of the other lots but for sure can get some in Lot 14. Get them while you can!!