Planning for 2010 Tailgating!

ejstave

My brother and I are starting to plan for the 2010 football season tailgating. We have tailgated @ the Salt Dogs stadium before, but we would like to find something closer. Anyone know where we could look online to find possible tailgate spots for 2010? Sucks to drive 4 hours and not find a spot to tailgate! We would like to hit all home games next year with a motorhome and a Fifthwheel, hell we might buy a bus this winter and modify that.

Thanks for your help!

Go Big Red!

My brother and I are starting to plan for the 2010 football season tailgating. We have tailgated @ the Salt Dogs stadium before, but we would like to find something closer. Anyone know where we could look online to find possible tailgate spots for 2010? Sucks to drive 4 hours and not find a spot to tailgate! We would like to hit all home games next year with a motorhome and a Fifthwheel, hell we might buy a bus this winter and modify that.

Thanks for your help!

Go Big Red!

Ya, be a donor, get tickets, and usually not a problem getting a parking pass for one of the university lots for the year for a little bit of extra money.

Thanks for your help!

Go Big Red!

Ya, be a donor, get tickets, and usually not a problem getting a parking pass for one of the university lots for the year for a little bit of extra money.

How big a donation are we talking?

ive got a sheet somewhere with phone numbers and info for several of the lots to the direct west of the stadium. for a spot big enough to park a bus or camper, better bring your bigboy checkbook...were talkin several grand for the season. ill see if i can dig it up.

If you're gonna pay a couple thousand for a parking space, just pony up a a thousand for 2 or 3 seats(should be plenty to get into the stadium), then they will offer you a chance to pay for a parking pass to a husker lot which is only like $150/year. So do yourself a favor. Pony up the money for donation for tickets, so say $750 for 2 seats or $1000 for 3 seats, pay for the tickets which is ~$55/game for 7 or so home games, and $150 for parking pass.

So:

Donation(tax deduction) - $750 for 2 seats($375/seat)

Tickets ~$770 for 2 seats($385/seat) if 7 home games

Parking pass ~$150-200 for university lot

Total ~$1670-1720 of which $750 is like 80% tax deductible

ive got a sheet somewhere with phone numbers and info for several of the lots to the direct west of the stadium. for a spot big enough to park a bus or camper, better bring your bigboy checkbook...were talkin several grand for the season. ill see if i can dig it up.

If you're gonna pay a couple thousand for a parking space, just pony up a a thousand for 2 or 3 seats(should be plenty to get into the stadium), then they will offer you a chance to pay for a parking pass to a husker lot which is only like $150/year. So do yourself a favor. Pony up the money for donation for tickets, so say $750 for 2 seats or $1000 for 3 seats, pay for the tickets which is ~$55/game for 7 or so home games, and $150 for parking pass.

So:

if he wants a university spot for a camper or bus, hes not looking at anything remotely under $2 grand a year for a ticket package that will get him a spot like he wants. those spots are based on the donor point system, and its gonna take a membership to the touchdown club, or similar, minimum to snag one. touchdown club prolly wont even get him sniffing one until 10 years of paying up.

oh, and he wants it NEXT year. better donate bigtime to get to the front of the line for two or three seats. even if all the stars aligned, he'd more than likely end up with a parking pass for a car out in lot 19 or 20, exactly where he stated he wanted to move from.

So:

if he wants a university spot for a camper or bus, hes not looking at anything remotely under $2 grand a year for a ticket package that will get him a spot like he wants. those spots are based on the donor point system, and its gonna take a membership to the touchdown club, or similar, minimum to snag one. touchdown club prolly wont even get him sniffing one until 10 years of paying up.

oh, and he wants it NEXT year. better donate bigtime to get to the front of the line for two or three seats. even if all the stars aligned, he'd more than likely end up with a parking pass for a car out in lot 19 or 20, exactly where he stated he wanted to move from.

Well, I speak from experience. I did it a couple years ago, and continue to because I want season tickets. Now, I paid enough to pretty much guarantee me the seats I wanted. But, I know a guy who donated only $200/seat for 2 seats side by side for season tickets this year and got them. He took a chance at how much it would take to get seats by only giving $200/seat but if he lost it he was willing to accept it. Now, they are in the nose bleeds in the south endzone, but he doesn't care. He just wanted to get season tickets for something he could afford every year.

I didn't use the numbers above for an RV or motorhome spot, I was using just a standard tailgating spot. You can get tickets if you want them. There are still people in that stadium that get season tickets and have never donated or donate very, very little, so if you donate and get priority points you can bump them, and it may not take more than one donation.

The reason the season ticket wait list is so long is because those are all people on there that just want season tickets without giving a donation. I'd say that someday in the future everyone who has season tickets in the stadium will all have given some sort of donation.

It's not as hard as everyone thinks. Will it take some money? Ya. If you don't give enough will you maybe not get tickets? Maybe, but I still think there are seats left you can get with only a small donation.

You really need to call the development office and talk to them. They gave me a fairly good idea what it would take for me to get seats around the area I wanted them without actually telling me. They aren't into divulging exactly, but they are into making as much money as possible so they want donors who will sign up to give year after year and will try to help.

i dont disagree with your ticketing info or whatever, just that i got the impression from the thread title and his post that he was more interested in tailgating with his big camper, rather than going into games. maybe he isnt, i dont know, i was trying to provide the smartest way to get a big vehicle/big tailgate setup going, and thats not necessarily going the ticketing route. i have friends that spends pretty good money every year to just simply have the tailgate set-up they want...they have absolutely no interest going into the game, so buying tickets to get a parking pass makes no sense for them, regardless of how much money here or there is. im glad they do it tho, i can go tailgate for a couple hours at a sweet set up, then go into the game and not have to worry about lugging my cooler and whatnot to lincoln every week.

i dont disagree with your ticketing info or whatever, just that i got the impression from the thread title and his post that he was more interested in tailgating with his big camper, rather than going into games. maybe he isnt, i dont know, i was trying to provide the smartest way to get a big vehicle/big tailgate setup going, and thats not necessarily going the ticketing route. i have friends that spends pretty good money every year to just simply have the tailgate set-up they want...they have absolutely no interest going into the game, so buying tickets to get a parking pass makes no sense for them, regardless of how much money here or there is. im glad they do it tho, i can go tailgate for a couple hours at a sweet set up, then go into the game and not have to worry about lugging my cooler and whatnot to lincoln every week.

I have a couple friends like this too, but they do have tickets. They usually go to the game but leave the tailgating set up and other friends of ours sit out there for the game and watch it on TV or watch other games. But yes, very nice not having to worry about your own set up.

Ya, I have no clue what parking would be for RV, buses, etc. I'm sure it depends on the lot and what not. I have been thinking about getting an inclosed trailer to take down and tailgate out of. I spose I would just have to buy another parking space for it is all, so I would say that may be the cheaper route than bringing an RV or bus and trying to get a space for it.

I have the tickets... I buy them from an elderly contact that no longer attends the games. He is a great guy! We have 4 tickets and split them up between another group of guys. I am simply looking for a great tailgate spot that I can setup the camper and relax before and after the game. Heck I may even choose to just tailgate on a few occasions.