Weis and Callahan

chamrocck

A local sports radio show in So. Cal was interviewing former Notre Dame and Oakland Raiders WR Tim Brown today and had him comment on Charlie Weis. He agreed Weis did not get the job done at Notre Dame and went on to say it is one thing to criticize the coaching performance but he thought some people take it too far and pile on. He then made comments that if he had wanted, he could have killed any future coaching opportunity for Bill Callahan when he left the Raiders but that he could not do it because it was not up to him to ruin Callahan's family (he made some comments about playing catch with Callahan's sons at practice and he could not bring himself to ruin a family).

Sort of interesting looking back in hindsight. Not sure how much info. we solicited from Oakland at that time. Discuss!

I'll agree that you don't mess with people's families. It's kind of sad all the bad publicity that ND has been getting recently with Weis and his family (I don't know the whole story on that), then you have someone sucker punching Clausen as he came out of a restaurant with his parents (though I'm not sure on that detail, the parents).

While not a big fan of Callahan I don't think I would be able to stand it if anyone did anything similar to him while he was here.

I'll agree that you don't mess with people's families. It's kind of sad all the bad publicity that ND has been getting recently with Weis and his family (I don't know the whole story on that), then you have someone sucker punching Clausen as he came out of a restaurant with his parents (though I'm not sure on that detail, the parents).

While not a big fan of Callahan I don't think I would be able to stand it if anyone did anything similar to him while he was here.

No instead, we call up the defensive coordinator at home and threaten his life. Some Husker fans, take being a fan, just a tad too far.

Let's not talk about that. You know a ton of people sent apology letters to him (self included and I refused to support that regime). It's a shame that these people can't just do their job and get fired if they fail and that's that. I think this country has so much anger toward people that make money. Do you think these coaches would be so heavily scrutinized making minimum wage?