Pelini wasn't ready

Yup- he got seasoned by a couple of masters of college ball. For the life of me, I can't remember if Satan was still at LSU or if he was already gone, but Stoops was a great experience. Although I still think Bo is in the ripening process. If you were to ask him if he has improved as a coach over the last year I am sure he would say "hell yes!"

Last year was about fixing the D, which he did masterfully and methodically. This year has to be about taking charge of the O, something he probably has not had alot of experience with and may have been out of his comfort zone-at least earlier in this season. I think Callahan made Wats look better then he really was, and Bo probably thought he could let the reins go on offense. Then add in losing Swift and Ganz, who contributed to the team far more then just catches and throws, and you have a situation that demands the leadership of a vetern HC to make it at least functional. I think in the terms of transition, hanging on to Wats was the right thing to do.

It was a God send that he was not selected. He was out of control, immature, running wide open. No control of the team at the bowl game. Other things happened in San Antonio that year besides a win.

I have always loved his fire and passion, but it was over the top at that time, still not where it needs to be, but with TO here now he will get it there.

I think he would have had us in trouble big time back then.

I do not think it would work without Coach Osborne here now. He keeps in line.

He is a hard charger, and I think very smart. With Coach Osborne showing him the ropes he will be a very good coach down the road.

I think he would have been gone before Callahan was if he had gotten the job.