coaching jobs - Carl Pelini

Per Unsportsmanlike Conduct today, the hosts suggested that they wouldn't be shocked whatsoever if the Akron job were to open and Carl's name is tossed around.

Hmmm... Akron seems like it would be an awfully tough place to start.

Although, it can't be much more difficult than Buffalo.

I really just don't feel sold on Carl. I am sure he helps our D, and has learned a lot from his brother, but sometimes coaching has a lot to do with natural instincts. I just have myself convinced that Carl is not the mastermind behind our defensive turnaround. :dunno

late 80's/early 90's - grad assistant at Kstate

90's - head coach and athletic director at a couple of high schools

2003 - grad assistant at NU

2005 - DLine coach For Ohio

2008 - D Coordinator/Dline coach at NU

Not bad experience, but not mind blowing either.

Osborne was able to keep his assistants around long term. You cant tell me that Charlie Mcbride couldnt have gotten a HC job if he wanted the opportunity. Lets see if Bo can do the same.

Osbourn also paid out half of what he made from TV Shows and Sponsors to his assistants. Good pay and Job security can go a long ways in this Racket.

• 2 weeks later...
CoachKevin said:
EZ-E said:

Osborne was able to keep his assistants around long term. You cant tell me that Charlie Mcbride couldnt have gotten a HC job if he wanted the opportunity. Lets see if Bo can do the same.

Osbourn also paid out half of what he made from TV Shows and Sponsors to his assistants. Good pay and Job security can go a long ways in this Racket.