Accomplishments this Regular Season

SaturnDrew

Definitely headed in the right direction, just going slower than some want. College football isn't like the NFL, where you can buy your solutions year to year. You have to find a talented kid, then he has to get into the system and learn it before it works for the team, sometimes this can take a couple years.

I have faith that we will be back to where we want to be, just going to take time - and patience, which a lot of people on here don't seem to have.

Definitely headed in the right direction, just going slower than some want. College football isn't like the NFL, where you can buy your solutions year to year. You have to find a talented kid, then he has to get into the system and learn it before it works for the team, sometimes this can take a couple years.

I have faith that we will be back to where we want to be, just going to take time - and patience, which a lot of people on here don't seem to have.

Yes--and that is hoping that you picked the right talented kid and he works out in your system. Recruiting the right kids will make or break you, regardless of how many stars they have. I wouldn't want that job.

I wanna add to this.

We were 2 plays away from being 11-1 even with our bad offense. If just 1 turnover vs. Iowa State is a field goal, and we've been over Va Tech enough times.

We beat 2 teams that blew us out last year. I know they didn't have the same players but neither did we.

We are in the CCG which to me means we are on schedule:

Year 1: Bowl eligible

Year 2: Go to CCG

Year 3: Be considered a contender

This team has its problems but I like our staff, our young players and our future.

dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

Huskerboard...where criticism is considered bitching.

Glad some people have enjoyed the thread, definitely some good ways to look at the season. Hopefully we are not done with the winning this season. And to respond to the post above, does anybody have an "eye roll smiley" that I can use?

Actually, this will work: :facepalm: