Missouri VS Kansas = PUKE

Count 'Bility

Hasnt watiching this game made anyone so much more happier to have a defense again. This game was just retarded. NO ONE PLAYS DEFENSE ANYMORE, and it's even more noticeable to me now that we're winnin games 10-3 and 17-3. All that offense and 39 points and it still wasnt enough for Kansas, and Mizzouri needed a full 60 seconds and all 41 points to be enough. WHAT A JOKE.

I don't know why you didn't like it accountability, it was an exciting game. I am very sad that we lost, I thought we had them. We made som huge mistakes. That said, it definitely had some great plays as well and was a good game for a college football fan to watch.

I don't know why you didn't like it accountability, it was an exciting game. I am very sad that we lost, I thought we had them. We made som huge mistakes. That said, it definitely had some great plays as well and was a good game for a college football fan to watch.

After watching Mangino fudge up the end of the game I feel like you and I are now kindred spirits...lol

jayhawk, I haven't looked to see the fallout yet for Mangino, what are your thoughts on his situation? I am sure that the ending to that game couldn't have helped him at all. Completely bungled that game away.

jayhawk, I haven't looked to see the fallout yet for Mangino, what are your thoughts on his situation? I am sure that the ending to that game couldn't have helped him at all. Completely bungled that game away.

To be fair, Rell's runs were on passes out into the flats. I think KU is not built to line up horses and smash people in the face, especially since Toben Opurum is out. If he was here, I would maybe take a different view. But in the end, KU gets 2 first downs, we win. We didn't, so we lost. MUs kicker is the most accurate in the country this year, so 3 runs and punt was not going to likely win. Rell is a small back, you never know, but he is not a great between the tackles runner. Of course, since we didn't win, it looks like the way to go. But, I can see why they just ran the offense that had worked pretty well all day to try and get the 2 first downs to force MU to burn that last time out and run the 2:30. Obviously I wish we could redo it and try the running, since I know already the plan failed. Given the situation, I would have run my offense, though. I guess I woulda lost too.

To be fair, Rell's runs were on passes out into the flats. I think KU is not built to line up horses and smash people in the face, especially since Toben Opurum is out. If he was here, I would maybe take a different view. But in the end, KU gets 2 first downs, we win. We didn't, so we lost. MUs kicker is the most accurate in the country this year, so 3 runs and punt was not going to likely win. Rell is a small back, you never know, but he is not a great between the tackles runner. Of course, since we didn't win, it looks like the way to go. But, I can see why they just ran the offense that had worked pretty well all day to try and get the 2 first downs to force MU to burn that last time out and run the 2:30. Obviously I wish we could redo it and try the running, since I know already the plan failed. Given the situation, I would have run my offense, though. I guess I woulda lost too.

Oh, and mangino will get fired, because the way it was handled means they have no choice. I am not saying he is a super friendly nice guy, but he deserved better than this in having his reputation trashed.

I guess that since late in that game KU was having a good deal of success running the ball out of the shotgun. I understand that Rell is a small back, but MU was having issues getting to him when Rell got the ball on the delayed hand off. That is why I was so surprised on the play calling. I know those calls are what KU normally does, but that wasn't what they were doing right before that and having success. Why change again?

Anyway it is a shame that Mangino is having this drama, he has basically built a football program there. I am not sure how easy it will be for any incoming Coach to improve upon his base. However I think that some of the comments attributed to him were over the line, not sure it warrants Lew's treatment of him though.