Differences between TX and OU

Oklahoma's record may not show it, but they are still a darn good team missing a QB. I see the only difference between these teams being the QB play. This is obviously a huge difference, McCoy vs Jones I mean, but Texas isn't as great as everyone thinks. Oklahoma has better running backs and they both have great playmakers at receiver and defenses IMO are pretty equal. We'll need a lot help from turnovers and our RB duo has to step up big time next week, but I don't think this team is much better than OU.

I'm predicting: NU 10 UT 24

But with a few fortunate breaks, we can definitely pull it out.

Difference?

OU-Landry/Broyles

UT-McCoy/Shipley

Huge difference IMO.

Edit:

Texas

Rushing Offense: 55th

Rushing Defense: 1st

Passing Offense: 13th

Passing Defense: 22nd

Scoring Offense: 2nd

Scoring Defense: 7th

NU:

Rushing Offense: 62nd

Rushing Defense: 14th

Passing Offense: 85th

Passing Defense: 17th

Scoring Offense: 73rd

Scoring Defense: 3rd

Defense will have to win this game

i think oklahoma's receivers are equal to texas' receivers. if UT had Jones and OU had McCoy (or Bradford back), you'd be hearing a lot about Broyles and not so much about Shipley. but yes, McCoy vs. Jones is a huge difference, as I stated in the OP. I just don't think people realize that this is truly the only thing that makes UT better than OU this year. i'm predicting the loss because McCoy won't throw 5 picks. we're gonna need some luck

Here is a nice intangible that plays to our benefit. No matter how bad we have been, nor how good, we have played Texas extremely close the last two meetings. Especially in '07 where we couldn't beat anybody and they were a top 25 team, we only lost by a few points.

I think Texas got exposed last week, but their offense is going to be the best offense we faced all year. The McCoy/Shiply combo is going to be extremely dangerous, but their rushing attack really isn't that good. Force McCoy to make plays all day and keep contain on him, and I think we have a good chance of winning. If we let them get yards on the ground and if we don't pressure McCoy well, then we are in for a long night.

Prediction: 27-10 Texas

Difference?

OU-Landry/Broyles

UT-McCoy/Shipley

Huge difference IMO.

well if we play UT as good as we played OU and as good as OU played UT, we should have a decent shot.

UT's O'Line is better than OU's. OU had a ton of injuries this year that hurt them (no pun intended). Not a real good comparison IMO.

you are right, but i was thinking NU v. OU v. UT (transient property type thing) and OU played with UT and we played with OU. the question is if we will be able to match intensity and passion.

Difference?

OU-Landry/Broyles

UT-McCoy/Shipley

Huge difference IMO.

well if we play UT as good as we played OU and as good as OU played UT, we should have a decent shot.

UT's O'Line is better than OU's. OU had a ton of injuries this year that hurt them (no pun intended). Not a real good comparison IMO.

you are right, but i was thinking NU v. OU v. UT (transient property type thing) and OU played with UT and we played with OU. the question is if we will be able to match intensity and passion.

Oklahomas offense is worse than ours (team stats), and a hell of a lot worse than Texas (ranked #5 OFFENSE

PREDICTION: NU 24 UT 17

Drinking the Kool-aid I see. I find it very funny that when I see predictions like this I tend to laugh. Why do people predict our Skers to score 20+ points when our Offense has been struggling all year on Offense and isn't consistent. We've only scored 20+ points on 3 Sun Belt teams (Wow the Sun Belt Conference), Mizzou, Baylor, Kansas and Colorado.

When we played against tougher opponents like VT, TT, OU we had a hard time converting TD's and passing 16 points. And Iowa State we only scored 7 pts.............come on 7 pts against Iowa State.

There is no way we'll score over 10 pts against Texas unless our Defense creates turnovers and scores TD's on Defense

Well, you can feel free to accuse me of drinking Kool Aid all you want, but I predict 17-14 Nebraksa win. Also, I don't care how ugly of a win it might be, if we do win we will be the Big 12 champs in Bo's second year.

I still feel Texas isn't a great as some seem to think, yes they are good, but not unbeatable by any means.

I have a feeling that Suh and Co. won't be denied, they have nothing to lose.

Well, you can feel free to accuse me of drinking Kool Aid all you want, but I predict 17-14 Nebraksa win. Also, I don't care how ugly of a win it might be, if we do win we will be the Big 12 champs in Bo's second year.

I still feel Texas isn't a great as some seem to think, yes they are good, but not unbeatable by any means.

I have a feeling that Suh and Co. won't be denied, they have nothing to lose.

we may be able to get 5 fg and a safety...

but i do think we will be able to score at least 2 touchdowns. we can win the field position game, and an earlier interception would be nice.

Crick's been quiet the past couple weeks. Anyone else notice? Hopefully he'll come out balls to the walls against UT. Our D as a whole needs to make a big statement next weekend.

teams may have just adjusted and given him the respect he deserves instead of just focusing on SUH.

True. Ever since the KU game, our D as a whole has been challenged. I think the opposing teams are figuring us out. I hope we can change that for UT though?