Every Notre Dame coach that has NOT won a NC within his first 3 years, has not made it past his 5th year as the HC. As a potential coach, if you think that team can win a NC within 3 years, go for it. If not, run away, as quickly as possible. I would imaging Notre Dame will be searching for another coach within the next 5 years again.

Well Notre Dame would do well to tweak some of their academic standards to help recruiting. I can't see why it's such a great job. You can make a fat paycheck like weis but you have to climb uphill in some aspects. How much of his buyout is determined on whether or not he stays unemployed? I thought that always played a part in things.

Honestly I don't know who they go after. Stoops and Meyer aren't leaving their programs. Kelly could but if they continue to be at the top of their conference, their facilities and things will improve. Winning=+revenue.

Well Notre Dame would do well to tweak some of their academic standards to help recruiting. I can't see why it's such a great job. You can make a fat paycheck like weis but you have to climb uphill in some aspects. How much of his buyout is determined on whether or not he stays unemployed? I thought that always played a part in things.

Honestly I don't know who they go after. Stoops and Meyer aren't leaving their programs. Kelly could but if they continue to be at the top of their conference, their facilities and things will improve. Winning=+revenue.

i think with a big enough ego, the ND job is very appeal. it is the last great challenge, if you could bring ND back to prominence and win an NC, you would be a coaching legend. the coach who brings ND back will be legendary and now amount of rings at OU or UF can compete (unless it is a lot and mid to late 90's Nebraska-esque domination).