Alex Henery

Rivals is kinda making me angry by dropping him lower and lower every week in the special teams power rankings. he hasn't been hitting his long field goals this year, but obviously they aren't recognizing his punting. it didn't bother me much until oklahomas kicker was just moved into the rankings this week for "ranking third in the nation in net punting". rivals must not be aware that henery punts too and is doing a damn good job. this shouldnt bother me but it does a little bit...

Rivals is kinda making me angry by dropping him lower and lower every week in the special teams power rankings. he hasn't been hitting his long field goals this year, but obviously they aren't recognizing his punting. it didn't bother me much until oklahomas kicker was just moved into the rankings this week for "ranking third in the nation in net punting". rivals must not be aware that henery punts too and is doing a damn good job. this shouldnt bother me but it does a little bit...

does it just look at distance, because Henery's stats might be skewed because he is usually just pinning the inside the 5 rather than blasting them across the field (which he occasionally does, also).

Piss on those ratings, Henery is Colorado's personal nemesis, without him we may be on a 2 game winning streak against you guys, the guy is a stud. Awards and ranking sometimes are full of crap, Mason Crosby didn't win the Lou Groza award his senior year but now kicks for the Green Bay Packers and is having a great season, the winner of the Lou Groza award that year kicks for Shreveport of the Arena League..........

Screw'em. These things are based solely on stats by people who dont even watch on play of a game. It's a joke. they cant see how Alex completely changes games. He changed the Oklahoma and Kansas St. games as well with complete flips of the field. This coughin corner kickin is somethin you just dont see anymore. a lost are type of thing, but no accepts it cuz he may only net 35 yards or so.

Piss on those ratings, Henery is Colorado's personal nemesis, without him we may be on a 2 game winning streak against you guys, the guy is a stud. Awards and ranking sometimes are full of crap, Mason Crosby didn't win the Lou Groza award his senior year but now kicks for the Green Bay Packers and is having a great season, the winner of the Lou Groza award that year kicks for Shreveport of the Arena League..........

mason crosby's stats were skewed because of his long fg attempts. he's the best college kicker i've ever seen and easily should have won that award. most big name kickers don't make it right away in the NFL (see Ohio State's Nugent and many others) and Crosby started his rookie season. him not winning the groza shows that these awards are jokes. lets see if Suh wins all the awards he's up for, otherwise my opinion on these awards aren't changing

i wouldnt get too caught up in that stuff. Ressel for Mu is the most accurate and arguably the best kicker in the country and he isn’t even in the top 10 or the highest ranked PK on the list.

You know that Henery is solid, so who really cares. I have watched MU players that are better players and have better stats get over looked for national awards for what ever reason. Right or wrong, doesnt mean they mean any less to my team just because some ding-dong doesnt pay attention

You know that Henery is solid, so who really cares.

Yep. I learned that a long time ago. There's a lot of politicking going on with all of these awards, and they're usually given to the wrong guy. It's nice to have someone outside your fan base recognize your players for their work, but it's not necessary to win awards to "prove" that they're good.

If Henery never wins an award it won't change how we feel about him, and it shouldn't.

i wouldnt get too caught up in that stuff. Ressel for Mu is the most accurate and arguably the best kicker in the country and he isn’t even in the top 10 or the highest ranked PK on the list.

You know that Henery is solid, so who really cares. I have watched MU players that are better players and have better stats get over looked for national awards for what ever reason. Right or wrong, doesnt mean they mean any less to my team just because some ding-dong doesnt pay attention

Even though he started to make a statement midway through the season and finished strong, Danario Alexander comes to mind. He is without a doubt a Top 3 WR in the country, yet he's not up for any awards that I'm aware of. But I'm sure he'll make some NFL team pretty happy next year.

Even though he started to make a statement midway through the season and finished strong, Danario Alexander comes to mind. He is without a doubt a Top 3 WR in the country, yet he's not up for any awards that I'm aware of. But I'm sure he'll make some NFL team pretty happy next year.

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head with that one. Alexander is #1 in the country in yds per game, #2 in rec, #1 in rec yards & #4 in Tds. He has three 200 yrd + rec games in conference this year. The big 12 now has 6 total in the history of the conference. He was won multiple Big 12 player of the week honors, first ever big 12 WR to win more than one in a single year. However he wasnt even listed as one of the 10 simi-finalist for WR of the year on the ballot 2 weeks ago.

And you are right, he has really turned it up the last month, but he has been pretty good all year. 132 against Ill, 170 against Nevada, 180 against OSU, 123 vs. CU all before the last 4 games. And unlike some others, the majority of his yrds are against confernce teams. He has 78 recs, 1240 yards and 9 tds just in conference. Thats 15 recs, nearly 600 more yrds and 1 td more than Shiply in big 12 play, who by the way is considered the favorite for the award.

He may not win the Biletnikoff award, but he will go down in the MU history books erasing Maclin from every single season record there is. The only thing about Alexander that disapoints me is the fact that he couldnt stay healthy the last two years.

Not trying to hi-jack the thread.... I know you guys could probably name a handful of Huskers who have gotten the shaft. I know that I could name a few more Tigers. But as I said above, I know how good he is. I know that he has cleared 170+ each of the last 4 games while seeing double and triple teams the whole game. I also know he will always be loved by MU fans regardless what some voter on the east coast marks on a ballot.

Yeah, I'm not going to be shedding any tears that Danario Alexander graduates this year. All the talk about "He beat out Maclin before he got injured" seemed like so much hype to me... until we played him. He really hit his stride after our game (and once Gabbert got healthy again), and I'm not going to miss him.

Good luck in the NFL, Danario. Happy trails. :thumbs