Stop whining about the :01 second

epocSoN

There is no disputing that there was 1 second left on the clock. I think it's sad that you guys are going through rule books and what not to prove that the clock should not have been reset to 1 second. You know the truth, there was time left... let it go.

If you want to bitch about something, bitch about the fact that every point Texas scored came off of personal foul calls. The horse collar was was a good call, but the pass interference calls were all questionable. In my eyes we won this game.

And if anybody gets to whine its me... because I have to go into work to edit the football show at 4am... horrah! :sarcasm

The ironic part about the one second is the fact that there was no excuse for that situation. The play before ended with 27 seconds left and a timeout. Here's the fact, Texas and McCoy sh#t their pants tonight. I say fear on the face of McCoy since the first time he was hit. and The officials bailed them out to get was the Big Texas Conference wants, a team in teh BCS game that's pretty. WHAT EVER.

The ironic part about the one second is the fact that there was no excuse for that situation. The play before ended with 27 seconds left and a timeout. Here's the fact, Texas and McCoy sh#t their pants tonight. I say fear on the face of McCoy since the first time he was hit. and The officials bailed them out to get was the Big Texas Conference wants, a team in teh BCS game that's pretty. WHAT EVER.

C'mon, nobody bailed any buddy out. It was a heck of a game and we fell short. We left them too much time and made two huge mistakes by kicking the ball out of bounds and the horse collar. We game them the opportunity and they took advantage of it.

There is no disputing it? Is that a joke. The rule is very clear. Why is it sad to look at a rulebook? Of course the officials knew the rulebook; they obviously didn't follow it.

Limitations on Reviewable Plays

ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable.

However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those

involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a).

Your wrong again, and you KNOW that there was one second left anyway. Stop focusing on the wrong reasons we lost.

The play was reviewable. They got the call right with the equipment they had. I'm glad they did.

Plus I'm sure in every single game there are a few seconds added or subtracted due to clock operator error. It's just the plays where the error happens are in the middle of the game. Not the very end. If you went back and timed this game out perfectly...even just the 4th quarter, maybe you'd find out there really should have been 5 seconds left for Texas to kick the field goal. Maybe the previous play ends with 20 seconds left and Texas ends up deciding to call timeout with 8 seconds left and getting the field goal off anyways.

The clock is human operated. It's not gonna be perfect by any means. I'm with epoc on this one. They got the 1 second call right. The interference calls, one in particular, were a bit questionable. We lost though. Poop.

There is no disputing it? Is that a joke. The rule is very clear. Why is it sad to look at a rulebook? Of course the officials knew the rulebook; they obviously didn't follow it.

involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a).

Your wrong again, and you KNOW that there was one second left anyway. Stop focusing on the wrong reasons we lost.

I agree. Texas's clock management is more to blame than the officials. Just before the game winning kick I told my wife that win or lose I was damn proud of this team and I'm going to stick by that. Those kids played their buts off and I have the utmost respect for them.

I told my roomate and fiance while Niles ran back his punt return, "he needs to take this to the house or we are going to lose this game"

That's funny I was yelling the same thing because I knew if he didn't score we were going to settle for a FG.

Just from seeing it one time, it looked like Niles had more room had he cut right instead of left toward the end of his return. But yeah I had a similar situation. I was telling my dad he needed at least 5 more yards in order for us to score a TD. I figured we'd be able to get 5 yards in 3 or 4 plays. Obviously we couldn't get 10. We couldn't get 10 on a drive for most of the game.

I'm disputing it due to the fact that the ref whistled the play over w/ zero seconds left on the clock. There was no reason to review the play for any reason! And if it were at any other point in the game - say the end of second quarter - that one second would not have been applied to the clock!