Was Helu hurt?

I was wondering the same thing. Nothing was said about it. But Burkhead wasn't very effective tonight, and it made me wonder why Helu wasn't playing...

I know for someone we rode through all season it amazed me why he wasn't used more.

Exactly! We put our offensive success on his shoulders all season, and he hardly saw any playing time in a championship game!? If he wasn't hurt, then that's low! And I agree that his type of running with our O line would have been more effective against Texas' D.

I don't know the official word, but Helu took a couple of good shots to the shoulder. One would speculate he may have re-injured himself again.

ah ok. If he was hurt i would understand. I didn't know if the coaches were like "we will surprise them with burkhead haha they will never see it coming" attitude.

I don't know the official word, but Helu took a couple of good shots to the shoulder. One would speculate he may have re-injured himself again.

ah ok. If he was hurt i would understand. I didn't know if the coaches were like "we will surprise them with burkhead haha they will never see it coming" attitude.

Roy was taking a beating out there because UT had 8-9 in the box all night. A running back can only take so much of that before feeling the effects. If Roy would have not been injured and fully at a 100%, you can bet he would have been in there the whole game.

Roy was taking a beating out there because UT had 8-9 in the box all night. A running back can only take so much of that before feeling the effects. If Roy would have not been injured and fully at a 100%, you can bet he would have been in there the whole game.

Why not do little dumpoffs like they tried with Burkhead? Helu a little more athletic.