Rushing Offense: 68th (141.23)

Passing Offense: 101th (175.92)

Total Offense: 102nd (317.15)

Scoring Offense: 80th (24.54)

Sacks Allowed: 38th (1.46)

Interceptions Thrown: 60th (12 total)

Fumbles Lost: 68th (11 total)

Pass Efficiency: 81st (122.29 rating)

There ya have it. Take out a Sun Belt game or two and some of those numbers are downright scary.

We have the players to succeed on offense. We need the correct scheme and the right coaches running that scheme. When we do, this is a unit that could score 20-28 points per game.

With this defense, that's more than enough points to put us in the BCS next year. Maybe even the Championship.

Let's. Make. That. Happen.

We have the players to succeed on offense. We need the correct scheme and the right coaches running that scheme. When we do, this is a unit that could score 20-28 points per game.

With this defense, that's more than enough points to put us in the BCS next year. Maybe even the Championship.

Let's. Make. That. Happen.

We had the right scheme last year with Ganz, Swift, and company. They had no problems.

With Green and the receivers having another year of that system, not the power running system that we can't run anymore, we'll be fine.

Ball control, multiple, spread offense. Hopefully one that can impose it's will.

We have the players to succeed on offense. We need the correct scheme and the right coaches running that scheme.

Everyone has there opinion and agruments, but IMO its not the OC that needs replaced, maybe Cotton. Slauson and Murtha were huge and its obvious how big they were for us. We also miss the playmakers (Ganz/Peterson/Swift). We hung some points with these guys last year under the same coaches.

Last years offense + this years defense = 12-1, maybe 13-0

Keep Watts, dump Lee and hope Spano and Green come through for us next year

Ganz wins this game for us last night

We have the players to succeed on offense. We need the correct scheme and the right coaches running that scheme.

Everyone has there opinion and agruments, but IMO its not the OC that needs replaced, maybe Cotton. Slauson and Murtha were huge and its obvious how big they were for us. We also miss the playmakers (Ganz/Peterson/Swift). We hung some points with these guys last year under the same coaches.

Last years offense + this years defense = 12-1, maybe 13-0

Keep Watts, dump Lee and hope Spano and Green come through for us next year

Ganz wins this game for us last night

without a doubt. kids a gamer

I have been a Watson defender this year, but the season is almost over, and I have seen NO improvement. A good OC would have come up with something to use the personnel that he had and make something of it. I have not seen anything like that. I don't know if it is just Watson, or if it is Cotton, or both, but this has become one of the saddest offenses I have ever seen in my 49 years of being a Husker fan. The offensive line is getting whipped on just about every down. There is rarely time for Lee to look down field for an open receiver. Lee has gotten totally gun shy, and is running for his life every time he has to throw. There are NO holes for the running backs.

It is only a statement to how great this defense really is for us to be 9-4 at this point. The offense did very little to get us there - it was all defense and special teams.

Something has to give. And if Bo does not make some moves to get change for the positive, people on here will be calling for his head, as he will be the one ultimately responsible. You cannot win consistently with only defense and special teams. If we really want to get back to being the power that we were, and have the pollsters around the country take us seriously - we have to come up with an offense between now and fall.

I saw some improvement. We just ran into a buzzsaw premier D against Texas and got handled. You saw us develop the kind of gameplan that if we use against Iowa State or even Texas Tech, we win the game.

That's not to say offensive production increased as time went on, we just got a lot smarter with what we were doing. A lot smarter. And it's helped us win games. I know it's frustrating to watch because we don't have much to work with (BARNEY!) but given what we have, Watson adapted and had the O do what was necessary to put us in a position to win against ANYBODY in the country...including the high-powered potential national champions.

We could have been more ambitious, but then we easily see Texas winning by 14+. Watson knows what he has and is realistic about it.

I would argue that Lee is not terribly gun shy yet, which is a good thing. He really took some shots downfield, with mixed results.

And I don't think Ganz wins that game. If we had Ganz, Murtha, Slaus, Lucky, Peterson and Swift all back, then I think we do. But then, if we had the last 5 guys back, we probably wouldn't have needed Ganz anyway.

Here's what I see: when the O needed to carry the D and had the ability to, Watson unleashed them and they did their best, last year. When the O lost that ability, but the D became phenomenal, Watson allowed the O to get out of the D's way in order to win games.

Bottom line kind of guy, no style points. I'll take it. How many other coordinators in the nation design a more ambitious gameplan for us against Texas and watch the Horns put the game away by halftime?

Here's what I see: when the O needed to carry the D and had the ability to, Watson unleashed them and they did their best, last year. When the O lost that ability, but the D became phenomenal, Watson allowed the O to get out of the D's way in order to win games.

I don't see our defense on the field at the same time that our offense is on the field, so don't know how they could get in each others way. The offense could sure make life easier on the defense if they showed up on any given Saturday. The defense is getting nothing out of the offense's lack of performance, it does not improve their performance one ioda. If anything it makes it harder on them because they have to be on the field more minutes. I don't think Watson is holding back the offense in order to "let" the defense show what they have. If he is, he is a f'ing idiot.

Don't turn the ball over, chew some clock, and put the D back on the field with as much green behind them as we can manage. That's what I mean.

Watson isn't holding back the offense. He knows it can't do much and he's not asking them to. He knows the D is world class and the O;s job is to grind it out, play it safe, and keep us in a position to win.

That's why for instance, when we get the ball at the 10, we hit them with 2 running plays up the gut before we go for the score. The hope is our workhorses churn some more yards to get us within striking distance, or maybe even tough it out into the endzone. He's not going to just throw three times and risk the pick.

If anything it makes it harder on them because they have to be on the field more minutes.

They would be if we didn't all of a sudden decide to hunker down midseason and run 70% of the time.