Arizona

Thinks they will beat us because we have a bad offense- true, and because our defense only wins because of turnovers-false. Our defense obviously doesn't win just because of turnovers. We win because we have an amazing D-line, but you all know that so im not going into detail, I think their fans are gonna be surprised by our D-line if they only think that we win cause of turnovers

We need to win this one, there are only 22 teams that have a winning record vs Nebraska and Arizona is one of them sitting at a 0-1-1 record with out last meeting being in the Holiday Bowl. We owe them a beat down.

Ughhhh...was at that game. They are definitely due for a Husker beat down. I can't imagine us scoring a lot of points, but maybe a shutout, or a QB on his back all night would be fun to watch.

Wishful thinking, but I hope we give their Defense a false sense of confidence about our Offense since they'll feel like we're not a threat. That way if our Offense does happen to have one of those rare days where they put some points on the board and win the game, it'd be a fitting end to the season.

When Bo has had a D to himself(Venables was the top OC at OU) he's kicked ass in bowls. Foles isn't particularly agile, we should get to him plenty. Hopefully we can force turnovers like we have in our last couple big games.

If the O can do anything we should win. I'll be interested to see if we try to do anything different. Arizona has an OK defense, we'll need to do some damage through the air. Time for the offensive staff to prove they deserve to be around.

Thinks they will beat us because we have a bad offense- true, and because our defense only wins because of turnovers-false. Our defense obviously doesn't win just because of turnovers. We win because we have an amazing D-line, but you all know that so im not going into detail, I think their fans are gonna be surprised by our D-line if they only think that we win cause of turnovers

I heard this was going to be called the " who cares " bowl. Just like all the other bowl games. The only bowl that means crap is Texas vs Alabama... :wasted:wasted
Foles isn't particularly agile, we should get to him plenty.

Not a really mobile QB, true, but it's hard to sack a QB if he doesn't have the ball. On passing plays he rarely has the ball longer than a two-count. The plays call for quick throws, and he has a very fast release. You're likely to see plays where the ball is in the air 30 yards downfield by the time most QBs would have started going through their reads.

If the O can do anything we should win. I'll be interested to see if we try to do anything different. Arizona has an OK defense, we'll need to do some damage through the air. Time for the offensive staff to prove they deserve to be around.

How well do your special teams play? The big thing that's haunted Arizona all year has been losing the field position battle. The defense is actually pretty damn solid, but they've played on the wrong end of a short field too many times this year. One example is the Washington game, where the defense only gave up 256 yards but the Cats ended up losing 36-33. If you guys can stay in good field position, then you've got a much better chance at winning. No matter how good or bad an offense is, it's easier to go 45 yards than 80. This is also why your defense is key. Stop Arizona in their own territory, and make them kick the ball; our punter has had flashes of brilliance this year, but he's as likely to kick one 13 yards as he is to pin you deep. If you can make Arizona kick from their own 20, you're likely to get the ball back at about midfield. That's the way it's been this year. (I would just like the old Keenyn Crier back. The one who put three straight punts at the 3-yard line against Oregon State in the 4th quarter. I'm not fond of the current "hey, 33 yards isn't bad" version of him.)

Not a really mobile QB, true, but it's hard to sack a QB if he doesn't have the ball. On passing plays he rarely has the ball longer than a two-count. The plays call for quick throws, and he has a very fast release. You're likely to see plays where the ball is in the air 30 yards downfield by the time most QBs would have started going through their reads.

How well do your special teams play? The big thing that's haunted Arizona all year has been losing the field position battle. The defense is actually pretty damn solid, but they've played on the wrong end of a short field too many times this year. One example is the Washington game, where the defense only gave up 256 yards but the Cats ended up losing 36-33. If you guys can stay in good field position, then you've got a much better chance at winning. No matter how good or bad an offense is, it's easier to go 45 yards than 80. This is also why your defense is key. Stop Arizona in their own territory, and make them kick the ball; our punter has had flashes of brilliance this year, but he's as likely to kick one 13 yards as he is to pin you deep. If you can make Arizona kick from their own 20, you're likely to get the ball back at about midfield. That's the way it's been this year. (I would just like the old Keenyn Crier back. The one who put three straight punts at the 3-yard line against Oregon State in the 4th quarter. I'm not fond of the current "hey, 33 yards isn't bad" version of him.)

PAC 10 doesn't have any team ranked in the top 20 for total defense, so not entirely sure you've seen anything quite as disruptive as the Blackshirts. And our passing defense is at least as good as ASU, who seemed to give Foley a fit. Will be a fun game as Zona's D is solid, and we have a subpar offense, but I really have to think that the D will be a bit overwhelming for Foley...just look how McCoy and that Oline were manhandled.

I haven't watched any Arizona football this year, but right now I wouldn't put ANY team (aside from Florida and Alabama) against the Nebraska Defense and say it's a guaranteed win. If we can take Texas to the very last second, than ANY team in the country should be lucky to get a win against us. Iowa State, for the record, is incredibly lucky.

As far as special teams, look up some information on these players:

Alex Henery

Niles Paul

Eric Martin

Should worry you a little considering what you just said!