2005 wish list

Okay Husker fans, we all know this is a very pivotal & tenuous year for us, so what do you guys really want to see happen this year? How about a top 5 wish list, if you could only pick 5 things to happen what would it take to make you satisifed at the end of this season??

1. More consistent QB play

2. More efficient commuication from the sidelines

3. Cory Ross gets some help on offense!!

4. Pressure from the line to the QB!!

5. Pedersen finally wipes that SE grin off his face!! :dumdum

If these things dont happen at the very least, IMO its going to be a very rough off-season for Call & co.

1. A QB that understands the differance between a wide reciever and a linebacker.

2. Speed. No not the drug, but overall team speed. Speed at the corners, speed with the linebackers, speed with the rush ends, speed with the wideouts and a speedy, breakaway type I-back.

3. Not just leaders, but VOCAL leaders. Isn't there a Peter or Wistrom brother hanging around out there?

4. More paitence. This could be a 8 to 9 win team or a 5 to 6 win team. I think this state needs to get better at adapting to change, even if it sucks.

5. Get off Stevie P's back. Trust me, the man is and will do some great things around here...

and what the hell, one more for fun

6. More better recruiting. One class isn't going to fix all of the problems Solich and Company left behind. Keep the cell phones charged.

That's all.....for now

Only one wish and it starts with the coaching. The coaching staff needs to get it's act together. It was pretty obvious they struggled working together for the first time. It starts with Callahan, he really looked clueless last year at times and regardless of the talent on the team, we should not have been embarassed on the field as many times as we were last year.

BC took over a bucket of slop. Everything about this program was in the shitter. No character, no moral, a player that was causing more problems and injuries than the oppostition ever could. No dedication, no leadership 90% were not in good enough shape to play highschool ball and not one real play maker. He had a QB that could not hit the ocean from a row boat if he was two hundred miles out to sea. A departed jerk that was making every attempt to sink the program. Players that were not loyal and basically mutinied on him. Talent that was so far below the average teams in the country it was sad. And then on top of that every jerk in the world that thinks they know coaching, telling a guy that had developed the NFL's best rushing team and passing team, led them to a Super Bowl that he does not know what he is doing. People threatening his assistants families.

Christ if one of you had to face one or two problems like that your asses would have packed up and ran. I am sick of this bs that BC does not know how to coach. It is like me telling you I know more about your job than you do. Get a clue!

Thanks for that post, skersfan. Literally forced me to register so I could agree! I call my dad in Pierce quite often and we have expressed some of the same sentiments as you. Nice post!

Welcome AVHusker! And thanks to skersfan for inspiring others to join! Post it up AV we'd love to hear from you. Curious, what does AV stand for?

Second that AVhusker, glad to have you here. I get on the soap box more than I should. Just love this program way too much I guess. But all of us do I am sure!!!!

1. 110% effort every play, every game, every minute on both sides of the ball.

2. Fans to appreciate the players, the staff and the effort given.

3. Be in condition to accomplish #1.

4. To be able to accept losses as well as victories with a professional attitude.

5. To be a team again....

Antelope Valley. Moved out to Edwards AFB in '84 and just haven't been able to get back to the promised land! Family still lives in Pierce, brothers in Norfolk and Lincoln. Maybe in a couple of years when I retire..... :blink: Thanks for the welcome guys, hope to be able to contribute

Great to see some more new faces around here! Hope to see more and more as the season picks up steam.

I would love to see a more agressive, attacking, defense giving full effort every play. Coz needs to go back to a zone like Pelini did. Get the Blackshirt name the respect it once had and still deserves!

There are many more little "I would loves..." that I could list, but I am just hoping for a productive season that moves the program in the right direction. I hope to see solid team play that leads to a respectable record that turns some heads back our way for the future.

Second that AVhusker, glad to have you here. I get on the soap box more than I should. Just love this program way too much I guess. But all of us do I am sure!!!!

1. 110% effort every play, every game, every minute on both sides of the ball.

2. Fans to appreciate the players, the staff and the effort given.

3. Be in condition to accomplish #1.

4. To be able to accept losses as well as victories with a professional attitude.

5. To be a team again....

Sounds like old school Nebraska football to me, skersfan! I think they're getting there

BC took over a bucket of slop.  Everything about this program was in the shitter.  No character, no moral, a player that was causing more problems and injuries than the oppostition ever could.  No dedication, no leadership 90% were not in good enough shape to play highschool ball and not one real play maker.  He had a QB that could not hit the ocean from a row boat if he was two hundred miles out to sea.  A departed jerk that was making every attempt to sink the program.  Players that were not loyal and basically mutinied on him.  Talent that was so far below the average teams in the country it was sad.  And then on top of that every jerk in the world that thinks they know coaching, telling a guy that had developed the NFL's best rushing team and passing team, led them to a Super Bowl that he does not know what he is doing.  People threatening his assistants families. 

Christ if one of you had to face one or two problems like that your asses would have packed up and ran.  I am sick of this bs that BC does not know how to coach.  It is like me telling you I know more about your job than you do.  Get a clue!

Nice tirade, skers :thumbs

While things were not perfect or up to NU standards, the talent level was not as bad as you are trying to make it out. As I have pointed out before, there were 5 legitimate All American caliber players on the 04 squad.

If the program was really in that bad of shape, how in the heck did they ever win 10 games the previous year??? Was that staff really that good at coaching these kids and gameplanning compared to the current regime????

Frankly, the first thing that needs to happen is for the coaching staff to get their act together, otherwise this year could be as bad as last. There is not one game on this years schedule that this team cannot win. Sadly, they could conceivably lose 9 or 10 games if they perform as they did last year.

If billy c is as good of a coach as you think, he wouldnt have a winning percentage under .500. He has fallen into two very, very good situations, yet he has performed poorly.

FF,

Most recruiting mags have stated for years that Nebraska recruits for its own very selective needs, not the norm in college football. Most would not have ranked our classes or talent higher than lets say a Wake Forest or Kansas the last few years.

We had talent last year in the defensvie secondary no question. But their dedication, loyalty and moral fibre are in question. Read comments by Stewart Bradly about the cancer that has been removed. Following a departed coaches desires and guidance were not in the best interest of this program. I stated this was going on last August. I can understand what happened, but I will never understand why.

Coaching can only accomplish so much. If the drive, desire, loyalty and character are not there, there is not much anyone can do.

I could care less about BC's pro career. He proved he knew how to coach there and was very successful. He had absolutely the worst job in Pro Football at the Raiders. Their slime owner has destroyed more than one coach and player. He wants to be buddies with the top of the food chain and endorses what they do. Tail wagging the dog.

BC may have been the only person that would have taken this job at the time. If you are to believe that Nutt turned us down, and numbers of others, it says they looked at the talent said are you nutts?

I also think you are going to find that Pelini (who I used to have a very high opinion of) made Bullocks and Washington. But it was done with Hollowell and Williams, with out those two Bullocks and Washington would have been okay but would never had the interceptions or success they enjoyed. Any time we played a team that the ability to shut Demarrio and TJ down we had no interceptions. Their greed and disloyalty caused many problems last year. Both were told to hit the road. As you see they have.

There were many problems last year, I am hoping that those are gone and the staff will only have to do their job and not baby sit the spoiled bratts they had last year.

I will not measure this year on wins and losses. I will measure it on the 5 things listed above. If those are done I will consider a successful season. If those things are accomplished I think we see a 8-3 season. But I do expect early season problems, those problems could cause some losses that most do not expect. Too many new kids with very little experience are having to carry the load due to the total failure of the previous staff's inability to recruit.

If by next year we are not a comeptitive team, then I will agree with your thoughts, but I think they need more time. Not only to get their kids and their system working but to develop into real college coaches and put the NFL behind them. I honestly feel that will happen if they are given the time.