Bowman with WR's?

Oh, by the way, I'm new here...

I know Callahan hinted when Bowman signed that he could or would play both sides of the ball. Has he strictly been with work with the defensive backs???

Right now the coaches are taking it day by day. First he has to learn the defense before he can learn the offense and that might take a while. He may practice with the offense on some plays this year and he may not. All the coaches are concerned about right now is closing that gap in the backfield with the departure of Fabian and Bullocks

IMHO the coaches need to get people into the key positions and keep them there until they are well polished and know the position inside and out......better to have people doing one job well, than spreading them around trying to accomplish too much.......it seldom works at any level of play........

hunter

From what I am hearing, he is tearing our receiving corps apart. He has the defense down pretty well it appears. I do not think there is is a gap between him and the ones that left. He wants to be here and he wants to play. I will take a player that has 110% desire no matter his ablity (if he is good enough to get a scholarship) over a person who has decided he knows more than the coaches and has already quit on the team. Ask Stewart Bradly what he thinks of the dearly departed.

I seriously doubt you will see Bowman on offense for more than a couple of plays this year, if at all. We have about three or four receivers right now that we know can play, and we have one cornerback other than Bowman. You may see him come in on a specific trick play, where maybe he lines up in the backfield, motions to the slot, and burns the slower safety, or something to that effect, but he will not be a full time two way player.

This kid is going to the big show from everything I am hearing about him. He will want to show his skills on defense. That is his calling. I only hope he is sincere about his desire to graduate and does not forgo his senior year. He will be a high draft choice next year if he goes.

I think Callahan made that statement early without realizing how much talent he had at the reciever spot (ie Hardy, Nunn, Brooks, Spain etc). I just wouldn't be surprise though with how much glowing reviews the give this guy, that he doesn't appear on the offensive side of the ball. Maybe the TT game or the OU game. I guess its a very nice problem to have.

Oh, and thanks for all the welcomes.