The Watson effect

Twodocs

Sadly, everyone here was talking about how when Pelini came we'd get the recruits that really want to be at Nebraska. We all said that was important in a recruit for us, because it's part of what made Nebraska teams what they were. An understanding of the team's traditions and a strong desire to be a part of them.

And now where did that attitude go? This player obviously doesn't want to be a part of our traditions and so on, so probably doesn't have the attitude all of us feel Pelini and company need to recruit for. But we're mourning his loss because it feeds the fapfap of the Watson haters? C'mon.

That attitude hasn't gone anywhere. I don't read these comments as dismissing that attitude, I see them as angst over a very real problem we're having on offense.

Sadly, everyone here was talking about how when Pelini came we'd get the recruits that really want to be at Nebraska. We all said that was important in a recruit for us, because it's part of what made Nebraska teams what they were. An understanding of the team's traditions and a strong desire to be a part of them.

And now where did that attitude go? This player obviously doesn't want to be a part of our traditions and so on, so probably doesn't have the attitude all of us feel Pelini and company need to recruit for. But we're mourning his loss because it feeds the fapfap of the Watson haters? C'mon.

suppose more of our offensive commits start de-commiting because they agree with Carter's line of thinking...would you still want to do nothing?

Oh boy, more speculation, lol. Thanks for just not addressing my point, though.

Look, players commit and decommit for a huge variety of reasons. It's never just one reason, for starters. So this "line of thinking" is only one aspect in whatever caused him to change his mind. But even if that was the main reason and the driving force behind his reasoning, I say, "Good luck wherever you land," to him. He obviously didn't want to be here that badly, so he's going somewhere else. If more people feel the same way, I'd say the exact same to them.

If I were to go only from his comment, which I do not feel would be the whole reason anyway, then I'd say he's pretty short sighted and is not making a very well informed decision. So again, I'd not really be concerned if him and others went elsewhere. Don't want that kind of player anyway.

But as I said, I don't believe his comment represents the whole decision.

That attitude hasn't gone anywhere. I don't read these comments as dismissing that attitude, I see them as angst over a very real problem we're having on offense.

It has gone somewhere, just look at the posts. It doesn't matter to them that the kid apparently (if you only take what he said) makes an ill-informed decision (all they do is run...ok? lol) and decides to go elsewhere. It doesn't matter that shows he didn't really want to be part of this program or this tradition. It shows they just want to toss another log on the Watson bonfire regardless anything else. Sad, very sad.

It's a mixed bag. If they scrap the offense and go with the GT power game most people want to see, then more recruits than this one will leave. Wide receivers and QBs. It takes different people to run that sort of thing. A couple of Gerharts are needed. Maybe we could steal a QB or two from VT.

Waston stays and people may leave, Waston goes and people may leave.

It has gone somewhere, just look at the posts. It doesn't matter to them that the kid apparently (if you only take what he said) makes an ill-informed decision (all they do is run...ok? lol) and decides to go elsewhere. It doesn't matter that shows he didn't really want to be part of this program or this tradition. It shows they just want to toss another log on the Watson bonfire regardless anything else. Sad, very sad.

I don't see it that way at all, but even if that was the case, what's wrong with that? I'm not a "Watson hater," but I'm pretty unhappy with the way the offense has gone this season. There's simply no excuse for having the players we have, yet being unable to score touchdowns in two games, and for only eking out 106 yards on national television.

I'm going to support our coaches as much as I can, but even the most ardent supporter of Watson has to step back and see that at least some of the criticism sent his way has merit.

You always seem to find ways to take posts that are not directed at you as if they're directed at you. And I always seem to think it's pretty obvious that, if you don't feel a post is directed at you because you don't fit the description in it, then maybe it's not meant for you.

We've had this discussion before and I'm not going down that road again.

First of all, the kid is a 5'10 receiver? Well, he better be fast because any strong safety worth a crap will knock that midget into next week.

The direction college football is going in is a 6'+ player who has leaping ability, and not a person who could play understudy to an Oompa Loompa on the weekends at your local playhouse.

First of all, the kid is a 5'10 receiver? Well, he better be fast because any strong safety worth a crap will knock that midget into next week.

The direction college football is going in is a 6'+ player who has leaping ability, and not a person who could play understudy to an Oompa Loompa on the weekends at your local playhouse.

I noticed that too, but there are good receivers out there who are undersized. If they've given him 4 stars they feel he has good potential, at least. Even undersized like that, he's probably a good prospect. But not for throwing fades to the endzone and stuff, of course.

Btw, does Watson have any ardent supporters left? It's pretty much divided at this point between fire him now, fire him at the end of the season, and let's see what happens next year. Does anyone fall into a category that isn't one of those three?

It would be helpful if you would provide a list of posters to whom this was directed. It'd be a shame to see the wrong person respond.

Btw, does Watson have any ardent supporters left? It's pretty much divided at this point between fire him now, fire him at the end of the season, and let's see what happens next year. Does anyone fall into a category that isn't one of those three?

It would be helpful if you would provide a list of posters to whom this was directed. It'd be a shame to see the wrong person respond.

I'm not getting into another pissing match with you. If you want that, find someone else and please move along. If not, continue adding something useful to the discussion. Thanks.

I'm not getting into another pissing match with you. If you want that, find someone else and please move along. If not, continue adding something useful to the discussion. Thanks.

It's a fair question, considering your post above. Just sayin'. :)

What views are divided? The fans or the Athletic Dept? And if this kid de-commited based on him not thinking he will get the ball? Good luck there pal, welcome to college athletics, where most everyone is always going to be better than you. :thumbs