Plane ticket to SD

Looking online today, thinking maybe I could squeeze out the dough to head to the Holdiay Bowl until I discovered some plane ticket prices! :blink::blink: Been awhile since I traveled, but thinking I will sink the 700 bones a piece for me and my wife to have a better x-mas! Quite disappointing though I found a pretty good price for 2 tix to the game. :angry:

Looking online today, thinking maybe I could squeeze out the dough to head to the Holdiay Bowl until I discovered some plane ticket prices! :blink::blink: Been awhile since I traveled, but thinking I will sink the 700 bones a piece for me and my wife to have a better x-mas! Quite disappointing though I found a pretty good price for 2 tix to the game. :angry:

i have a friend, who by pure luck and not even thinking about the holiday bowl possibilites, nailed round trip tickets to san diego 3 months ago thru southwest for less than $200 round trip. i want to punch him in the face. he likes to tell everyone that he knew nebraska was going to the holiday bowl and thats why he bought them, that if we had his prediction abilities, we wouldnt be sitting at home, etc etc. but everyone knows the truth. the old lady wanted to go out over the holidays to visit her family. he was going to surprise her. dude hit the jackpot. she cant even complain.

Did you think about flying into Santa Ana....John Wayne Airport / Orange county. We are flying from KC to orange county on the 28th and return on 31 for $400 round trip. Still a little steep, but better than $700. Only 90 miles North of San Diego.

We were able to put a package together flight, team hotel, rental car, gme ticket and Holiday bowl luncheon all for $800 per person. This is almost MORE than the agencies are offering and they are charging at least $1700 per person and you don't get the freedom of having a rental car. packages are not worth the $$.

Going to cost 3 of us $2400 (without food/drink) and if we bought package deals, would have cost $5100 (without food/drink).

i have a friend, who by pure luck and not even thinking about the holiday bowl possibilites, nailed round trip tickets to san diego 3 months ago thru southwest for less than $200 round trip. i want to punch him in the face. he likes to tell everyone that he knew nebraska was going to the holiday bowl and thats why he bought them, that if we had his prediction abilities, we wouldnt be sitting at home, etc etc. but everyone knows the truth. the old lady wanted to go out over the holidays to visit her family. he was going to surprise her. dude hit the jackpot. she cant even complain.

Where is he flying from?

Fly in to Ontario or Palm Springs Int'l. :) just get rental car rez. might be cheaper :dunno

GBR

My wife, son and I flew in to Omaha for the La Lafayette game earlier this year and it was 768 RT for all three of us from Ontario. Granted it wasn't a holiday except for our family. :)

I was planning to fly to OMA from PHX last June, but the prices suddenly doubled for both the airfare and the car rental.(Some beisbol CWS thing?)

I ended up flying to DEN for less than a third ($59RT) and got a chance to road trip like I'd been jonsing to my Hometown (Holdrege, NE and then on to LNC)..So..of the ~2600 miles RT..my son and I flew ~67% of it for a third of the cost of flying all the way to omaha.

I was just looking at tickets on craigslist and searched "Nebraska"..Funny..Both blocks of Tickets to the Fiesta mantioned something about an extra second.

4 Tickets Face Value - 2010 Fiesta Bowl Boise State vs. TCU - $160 (Sec. 433, row 11)

I am selling these tickets at face value. We bought them hoping Nebraska would be playing, but the referees added that extra second to the clock! You can have the tickets for what I paid for them $640 for the whole set. All four tickets are together and are in section 433, row 11.

Cash or money order only. We can meet you almost anywhere in Phoenix

Fiesta Bowl Tickets*** 4 together in Lower Level at end of the row****These are my season tickets and I am from Nebraska (Missed the game by 1 second!!)

Will include parking pass for FREE! My cost is $225 per ticket so this is a smoking deal! (I have proof these are my season tickets )

Let's FIESTA!!!!

Not sure how this works but I just saw this on San Diego CL.

I usually book on SouthWest Airlines www.IflySWA.com

SOUTHWEST ROUNDTRIP TICKETS - $290 (LA JOLLA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2009-12-10, 10:53PM PST

Reply to: sale-5guqr-1504901866@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWO ROUNDTRIP SOUTHWEST TICKETS RAPID REWARDS ANYWHERE THEY FLY! $ 290.00 EACH THESE TICKETS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY TO SPACE RESERVED FOR RAPID REWARDS ON THE DAY YOU WANT TO TRAVEL. YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR FLIGHT ONCE YOU RESERVE IT(always if the day you want to fly the seats are available with Rapid Rewards). SO FIRST CHECK IF SEATS ARE AVAILABLE USING RAPID REWARDS FOR THE DATES YOU WANT TO FLY AND THEN CALL ME WITH THE DATES SO I CAN BOOK IT FOR YOU. 619 2184812