More Junior College Help?

So looks like I've been beaten to the punch on this topic (again:P) so if mods feel this should be merged with the other topic on this forum than go for it, but with the recent de-commits of offensive players, combined with our woes on offense and clear need for IMMEDIATE help at certain positions on offense (and now sounding like the strong possibility of impending changes in the coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball), what does everyone think about going for a couple more offensive JC recruits to infuse us with more short term, immediate needs? I realize we have a couple we are looking at currently, and have very few scholarships remaining (and definitely should still try to keep room for OO and Austin Hill, IMHO), but I also feel going after maybe an additional offensive lineman or even a quality, heady, gamer of a QB who actually has some LEADERSHIP ability would be a gamble to consider taking.

I certainly don't want us turning into K-State Community College by any means, but I think this year is a bit of an exception, and we all know Bo has made a point of recruiting as many HS players as possible and building a program around them, which is definitely the way to go in my opinion. But sometimes you just have to do what it takes to win and make a few exceptions along the road. And besides, it's not like we're talking half a recruiting class full of JUCO's here or anything. Curious--what are your thoughts?

I don't mind the 2 they got thus far, really excited actually, but I don't think it is necessary to get more of them in THIS class. NU is in on some very good WR targets still, Austin Hill for one, so I would prefer them to lock down on 1-2 of them to get 2-3 legitimate WR's including Enunwa. I would rather them do that and then get OO and maybe another RB. If the RB is a JUCO then maybe.

I don't mind the 2 they got thus far, really excited actually, but I don't think it is necessary to get more of them in THIS class. NU is in on some very good WR targets still, Austin Hill for one, so I would prefer them to lock down on 1-2 of them to get 2-3 legitimate WR's including Enunwa. I would rather them do that and then get OO and maybe another RB. If the RB is a JUCO then maybe.

I'm very much in agreement with you. I do think we keep those spots open for Hill, OO, and Cooper, and really should. Would be great if we had the room for another JUCO O-Line and possible QB commit, but with our lack of scholarships this year, I do realize that would be quite the stretch. Bit of a shame we're under the scholarship crunch we are this year, we could sure use all the help we could get on that side of the ball as we all know!

The JC group that visited was a trio...who was the third guy?

a DT if i remember right. not sure if he had an offer or not.

Yeah White I think, you wouldn't think Bo and Carl need a JUCO DT with what they have on board right now do you?

it would be nice to have another DT next year, as it looks like we only have four ready to go, not counting true freshmen. i don't know if this kids good enough to look like an immediate contributor though, or whether it's worth shutting out one of our other recruits for. or maybe the coaches think guy can play as a freshman. :dunno

The JC group that visited was a trio...who was the third guy?

a DT if i remember right. not sure if he had an offer or not.

Yeah White I think, you wouldn't think Bo and Carl need a JUCO DT with what they have on board right now do you?

it would be nice to have another DT next year, as it looks like we only have four ready to go, not counting true freshmen. i don't know if this kids good enough to look like an immediate contributor though, or whether it's worth shutting out one of our other recruits for. or maybe the coaches think guy can play as a freshman. :dunno

White never got offered by Nebraska. We have no room for him. We have one DT (Guy) on board and Rome will be one for sure. I've also heard Vestal could end up at DT if his body fills out more.

White was a back up plan to say the least. A walk-on spot was said to be suitable for him.

Its very possible that either Guy or Rome could play as a frosh. They will both be here in a month so that is a plus.

But our cupboard is well stocked at DT IMO.

We have...

Crick-enough said

Thad Randle-underrated, CP said he has the quickest feet of anyone he has ever coached

Steinkuhler-Should start next year

Cole Pensick-havnt heard much on Cole.

But I will bet you that a frosh will get an opportunity to be that fifth guy.

White was a back up plan to say the least. A walk-on spot was said to be suitable for him.

Its very possible that either Guy or Rome could play as a frosh. They will both be here in a month so that is a plus.

We have...

Crick-enough said

Thad Randle-underrated, CP said he has the quickest feet of anyone he has ever coached

don't forget moore. he should get serious playing time next year. i forgot about pensick and the fact that guy and rome arrive early, so i agree that we should be set at DT.

zoogie - taioloa (or whatever) is indeed on the OL, though i think he's had some injury issues.

What happened to Toalia? Still on the O line?

Did anyone see we got two more 4 star recruits today. We lost a tiny 4 star recruit as QB/Gabbert but picked up a 4 star OL in Hardwick and a 4 star LB recruit from Fort Scott.

4 weeks ago the OL was just visiting with his friends. Now he is a 4 star OL Husker.

Bo Polini is guiding this rocket in the right direction.

We lost two 4 star recruits but picked up two more in one day. Nice work Poline and staff!!!!!

WE ARE FINE IN HUSKER-LAND!!!!!!

Schuhbdoo

We have...

Crick-enough said

don't forget moore. he should get serious playing time next year. i forgot about pensick and the fact that guy and rome arrive early, so i agree that we should be set at DT.

zoogie - taioloa (or whatever) is indeed on the OL, though i think he's had some injury issues.

Ooops!!! thank you dylan. :cheers

I almost forgot a pretty good one in Moore.