Idea

WCHusker

give everyone 1 topic kill a year or whatever, of their own topic only of course, if they f#*k up more than that, then they can contact the admins to have it done for them along the normal studious tedious what have you route.

obviously, this would be too difficult of code to write or whatever. just a thought. maybe it helps spike a better idea.

or, if its such a hard time to go through all the posts alone, place a button for post/topic removal from the user that made it (it can be right next to the EDIT button on their post), and have the requests from said button dealt to a specific mod/admin. get a new mod/admin, thats his only job, not reading forums. cant be much more work. he can sort through the madness there, and then make a decision/and/or bump it up to the busy forum readers.

How do these duplicate posts happen? I've never had one. Am I the guy doing something wrong?

Also, depending on the new software (whenever the update comes) there may be an option of deleting your post in an edit, as long as someone hasn't posted after you. That option is available on many other boards I'm on.

Speaking of the update, is it just an update of the Invision board, or are you guys switching to something else, like phpBB?

When hitting the add reply button, I often get a "page cannot be displayed" error. The reply usually does show up(but not always).

I think people are hitting the back button and hitting reply a second time.

Even when the reply does goes through, a lot of times it won't bump the thread to the top.

When hitting the add reply button, I often get a "page cannot be displayed" error. The reply usually does show up(but not always).

I think people are hitting the back button and hitting reply a second time.

Even when the reply does goes through, a lot of times it won't bump the thread to the top.

That's the problem. Rather than going back, they need to just hit their Refresh button. As I recall, that will do it, although for some reason it won't show that there is a new post in the topic or that the person who hit Refresh was the last poster. Those aren't big issues, though.

***SNIP***

Also, depending on the new software (whenever the update comes) there may be an option of deleting your post in an edit, as long as someone hasn't posted after you. That option is available on many other boards I'm on.

Possible. Right now, we have to either grant global permissions to delete posts (and it can any post by the person who created it, regardless whether there are posts afterward) or no delete at all. We don't want to do that - tends to mess up topics.

Speaking of the update, is it just an update of the Invision board, or are you guys switching to something else, like phpBB?

As I recall, Blackshirt said it would be an update of the Invasion software, and not phpBB or other software.

Yeah I still get em from time to time even when I back up refresh and wait to make sure. Not very often but yesterday I had one and I thought it went through the first time. I kind of like the duplicate post thing. Adds character to our site. :)

Yeah, it's not annoying, it's just kind of funny. Just one of the quirks that makes Huskerboard unique.