The year that could have been

Gabbert, Terry, Carter, Sloan. Four names that could have changed the face of the Husker offense and added depth the the secondary as well. Four names that were at one point, in line to be future Huskers. Four names that will NOT be dressing out in scarlet and creme next year. The first to go was Sloan, and uncertain commit from the get go but a commit nonetheless. Second was Terry, who chose a fellow Big XII North school over the Huskers. Then Carter who, along with Terry, would have provided the spark our receiving corps needed with Paul coming back next year. And finally, this year's Joe Ganz, the smart, athletic enough kid with a strong arm and a knack for leadership, the younger brother of the Missouri QB, de-commits due to a lack of offense and issued a statement saying "When you look at who they're bringing in on offense, they don't have the athletes or receiver as they do the linemen and backs. It's no secret which direction they are heading." But when we will look back at this class even with the possibility of a five-star in OWA and another four-star running back in Heard, this class could have been Pelini's biggest and best yet. But it will not be. Not yet.

<_<

:facepalm:

This class is just fine. A lot of talent across the board. We will get a QB that will probably be better than Gabbert. As for Carter...who knows what he could be. He's fast but his videos don't show me much other than he can run in a straight line. Neb is high on a lot of kids and this class has the potential to be outstanding.

Lock this thread. Miami is just starting sh*t and it's in the wrong place.

This class is just fine. A lot of talent across the board. We will get a QB that will probably be better than Gabbert. As for Carter...who knows what he could be. He's fast but his videos don't show me much other than he can run in a straight line. Neb is high on a lot of kids and this class has the potential to be outstanding.

Chill out, and dont be so anal about someones views. He didnt even say anything negative, just to the fact that nebraska always gets "Jewd" on people leaving.

In the long run its better that these kids leave. I am about the same age as them and college decisions were hard for me and i wasn't even going for athletics. Kids just need to take there time and not decide when they are on a one week high on a team.

Chill out, and dont be so anal about someones views. He didnt even say anything negative, just to the fact that nebraska always gets "Jewd" on people leaving.

In the long run its better that these kids leave. I am about the same age as them and college decisions were hard for me and i wasn't even going for athletics. Kids just need to take there time and not decide when they are on a one week high on a team.

I'm certainly not hot and bothered by this 4lif3. Miami has started a number of threads and they have all been like this and end up getting locked.

Gabbert, Terry, Carter, Sloan. Four names that could have changed the face of the Husker offense and added depth the the secondary as well. Four names that were at one point, in line to be future Huskers. Four names that will NOT be dressing out in scarlet and creme next year. The first to go was Sloan, and uncertain commit from the get go but a commit nonetheless. Second was Terry, who chose a fellow Big XII North school over the Huskers. Then Carter who, along with Terry, would have provided the spark our receiving corps needed with Paul coming back next year. And finally, this year's Joe Ganz, the smart, athletic enough kid with a strong arm and a knack for leadership, the younger brother of the Missouri QB, de-commits due to a lack of offense and issued a statement saying "When you look at who they're bringing in on offense, they don't have the athletes or receiver as they do the linemen and backs. It's no secret which direction they are heading." But when we will look back at this class even with the possibility of a five-star in OWA and another four-star running back in Heard, this class could have been Pelini's biggest and best yet. But it will not be. Not yet.

<_<

:dunno

We're not running an offense that meets the skills of these players. That being the case, they're going somewhere else. The kind of offense we could run with these guys isn't the ONLY kind that can score points and win games.

What's the problem?

I mainly said this since Gabbert said we don't have high caliber recruits coming in and cited it as one of the reasons for his decommit. Also, exactly which posts have I had that have been locked? Only one was the Cody Green prediction and that was correct anyway. The purpose of this was to talk about how recruits view our team and how our commits/coaches effect their decisions.