Suh reports threat on Facebook

GSG

Didn't see this posted anywhere.

Link to ESPN

Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has reported a Dallas student who threatened on Facebook to shoot a classmate.

Kevin Janse of the Dallas police said the Heisman finalist saw the threat on his Facebook fan page and contacted Lincoln police, who notified authorities in Dallas. Officers confronted the student before classes began Friday morning at Jesuit High School.

Janse said officers interviewed the student and determined the threat was not credible. No charges will be filed.

Nebraska athletics spokesman Jeremy Foote said he has no details about the incident.

Suh was in New York on Saturday hoping to add the Heisman to an already-impressive trophy haul.

Suh has won the Chuck Bednarik Award as the nation's best defensive player, and took home the Outland Trophy for the best interior lineman.

He also won the Lombardi Award as the nation's top lineman and Bronko Nagurski Trophy as the nation's top defensive player.

The powerhouse defensive lineman put together his best performance of the year in the Big 12 Championship Game against No. 2 Texas. He matched his career high with 12 tackles and had 4½ sacks as the Cornhuskers nearly upset the Longhorns, losing 13-12.

"I guess maybe that helped a little bit," Suh said. "I'm just really honored to win these awards and it's really a tribute to my teammates."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Click on link since it also has a video segment with the story.

Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has reported a Dallas student who threatened on Facebook to shoot a classmate.

Kevin Janse of the Dallas police said the Heisman finalist saw the threat on his Facebook fan page and contacted Lincoln police, who notified authorities in Dallas. Officers confronted the student before classes began Friday morning at Jesuit High School.

Janse said officers interviewed the student and determined the threat was not credible. No charges will be filed.

Nebraska athletics spokesman Jeremy Foote said he has no details about the incident.

Suh was in New York on Saturday hoping to add the Heisman to an already-impressive trophy haul.

Suh has won the Chuck Bednarik Award as the nation's best defensive player, and took home the Outland Trophy for the best interior lineman.

He also won the Lombardi Award as the nation's top lineman and Bronko Nagurski Trophy as the nation's top defensive player.

The powerhouse defensive lineman put together his best performance of the year in the Big 12 Championship Game against No. 2 Texas. He matched his career high with 12 tackles and had 4½ sacks as the Cornhuskers nearly upset the Longhorns, losing 13-12.

"I guess maybe that helped a little bit," Suh said. "I'm just really honored to win these awards and it's really a tribute to my teammates."