New Offensive Philosphy

MCAT800

I think they're shooting for balance. Maybe 60/40 run/pass?

Bo has said he'd like to replicate Bama's offense.

I like Bama's, but am kind of surprised we don't run something similar to Stanford who uses a WCO which utilizes some power formations.

WCO is considered a curse word around these parts. :lol:

As bad as those years were that offense did produce the Big XII offensive player of the year. I'm not saying I loved that offense, but a lot of teams have success running some form of it. I just think if we want a balanced attack then somthing similar to Bama, Stanford or USC could be a possibility because they all run out of some power sets and mix in the pass. I just don't want to be as predictable as we were this year.

As bad as those years were that offense did produce the Big XII offensive player of the year. I'm not saying I loved that offense, but a lot of teams have success running some form of it. I just think if we want a balanced attack then somthing similar to Bama, Stanford or USC could be a possibility because they all run out of some power sets and mix in the pass. I just don't want to be as predictable as we were this year.

I hear ya.

I thought that both TO and Bo wanted to run an offense similar to Florida, thats why the went out and got Cody Green. So I'm not sure where all this talk about offensive philosophy came from.

Maybe Bo changed his mind, maybe its because we dont have the parts to run it, maybe we dont have the right OC to install it.

"Run-based offense" could mean a number of different things. Do you mean a conventional I formation offense that mixes is play action passes? Do you mean a triple option? Something else? All require very different quarterback skills...

Very true. Okie state, Bama, Florida and GT all have run first offenses and are all very different offenses.

I'm pretty sure the offensive philosophy is going to change.

There is a good thread over on rumorville.

I think option football is coming back, and I wonder if that might include Frank Solich.

The recruiting changes (commits/decommits) also reflect this.

Aaron Green is still the number 1 recruit for 2011 for NU.

I'm pretty sure the offensive philosophy is going to change.

There is a good thread over on rumorville.

I think option football is coming back, and I wonder if that might include Frank Solich.

The recruiting changes (commits/decommits) also reflect this.

Aaron Green is still the number 1 recruit for 2011 for NU.

Braylon Heard from Ohio looks pretty good too. I think he'd fit well in such a system.