The Eagles/Giants game..

epocSoN

So the Eagles scored with a couple seconds left. They kicked off and the Giants fumbled the kick off. The Eagles recovered the ball with 2 seconds left, but the clock ran out and hit 0:00. They reviewed the play on TV and it clearly showed he was down with 2 seconds left, but the Ref said the play was not reviewable and the half was over....

Wow... if only they were coaching our game.

So the Eagles scored with a couple seconds left. They kicked off and the Giants fumbled the kick off. The Eagles recovered the ball with 2 seconds left, but the clock ran out and hit 0:00. They reviewed the play on TV and it clearly showed he was down with 2 seconds left, but the Ref said the play was not reviewable and the half was over....

Ha! I just saw that and thought the same thing. However, I didn't have the guts to post a topic for fear that I'd be lambasted for not "getting over" that call by now. <_<

Ha! I just saw that and thought the same thing. However, I didn't have the guts to post a topic for fear that I'd be lambasted for not "getting over" that call by now. <_<

While I'm not that pissed about it now I will never be over it just like I'm not over Frazier getting punked out of the Heisman.

I can't be that pissed about the call, because even though it cost us the game, I still think reviewing it is the right thing to do

I don't want to start another thread about the call, however I do think they need strict guidelines on what is and what is not reviewable like they do in the NFL.

I'm pretty sure that they already do. I don't think that the 1 second was technically "reviewed" but I could be wrong. I don't want to spark anything again, It was just interesting to see that they handled it a bit differently. I agree that the right call was made in the end so I'm not raging or anything.

I can't be that pissed about the call, because even though it cost us the game, I still think reviewing it is the right thing to do

I don't want to start another thread about the call, however I do think they need strict guidelines on what is and what is not reviewable like they do in the NFL.

I'm pretty sure that they already do. I don't think that the 1 second was technically "reviewed" but I could be wrong. I don't want to spark anything again, It was just interesting to see that they handled it a bit differently. I agree that the right call was made in the end so I'm not raging or anything.

Thats my point though. In the NFL this was automatically dismissed because the rules clearly state you can't review it, where as in college there appears to be a lot of gray area. I remember the Texas-Texas Tech game last year where they reviewed a penalty call. That had me at a loss.

Yeah it was established in all those previous threads, per the rules, the booth can review "egregious" game clock errors, e.g., time expiring when it should not have.

And I don't buy the argument that if you want end of half game clock review, you should insist that the officials review where the clock stops on every play of the game. I have no problem with making sure the clock is more precise in end of half situations, when it really counts.

Yeah it was established in all those previous threads, per the rules, the booth can review "egregious" game clock errors, e.g., time expiring when it should not have.

And I don't buy the argument that if you want end of half game clock review, you should insist that the officials review where the clock stops on every play of the game. I have no problem with making sure the clock is more precise in end of half situations, when it really counts.

Well apparently, nobody knows the definition of egregious. How can something be egregious if it happens throughout the game on a consistent manner?

Whatever. It was a Southern Screwjob. The officials in the BCS Championship game aren't going to care that Mack and Colt don't know how to manage time in a game. Then again, I don't see this game coming down to the wire, and Colt will be lucky if he is still able to stand after the game is over.

Well apparently, nobody knows the definition of egregious. How can something be egregious if it happens throughout the game on a consistent manner?

Whatever. It was a Southern Screwjob. The officials in the BCS Championship game aren't going to care that Mack and Colt don't know how to manage time in a game. Then again, I don't see this game coming down to the wire, and Colt will be lucky if he is still able to stand after the game is over.

Look, it was the end of the game. If one second might determine the outcome, then missing it would most certainly be egregious.