Lingerie Football League

I didn't realize these were nationally televised games. I ran across one last night flipping channels. I couldn't watch. While a lot of these ladies are nice to look at, I couldn't stop being more concerned that they were going to get seriously hurt.

These girls play "real" football. They're playing at their top speed, full tackles, full contact. The titillation factor wore off for me pretty quick watching one of the QBs get drilled into the turf.

This is more like rugby than football. They barely wear pads - heck, they barely wear anything - and the helmets they wear are a joke. Completely tossing out the question of whether this objectifies women, I'm more concerned with the injury risk. I don't want to watch a sport where people are going to get carted off injured all the time, no matter how pretty the players are.

I didn't realize these were nationally televised games. I ran across one last night flipping channels. I couldn't watch. While a lot of these ladies are nice to look at, I couldn't stop being more concerned that they were going to get seriously hurt.

These girls play "real" football. They're playing at their top speed, full tackles, full contact. The titillation factor wore off for me pretty quick watching one of the QBs get drilled into the turf.

This is more like rugby than football. They barely wear pads - heck, they barely wear anything - and the helmets they wear are a joke. Completely tossing out the question of whether this objectifies women, I'm more concerned with the injury risk. I don't want to watch a sport where people are going to get carted off injured all the time, no matter how pretty the players are.

I've never watched it, but if it is quite similar to rugby in it's physicality, I don't think there's serious cause for concern. Football pads, in my opinion, do more to make hits more powerful and players more fearless than they do to actually protect players. Take away pads and helmets from the game of football and the number of serious injuries would dramatically decrease, imo.