Arizona football forums

GSG

Does this sound about right?

Yep, that about covers it. They've got this chalked up as a win all right.

I still chuckle every time I see one of them talk about a 1 step drop. Foles might get his leg broken from his own man being shoved back into him every time he passes. Maybe they should try the shotgun instead, or a least make that 1 step drop about 5 feet long.

this is exactly what ive been thinking about...foles moves under center, checks his wide outs... suh surveys the line, takes his stance...foles braces, wiggles his fingers under his centers butt...suh wiggles his fingers and the rest of the arizona line braces as well...heres the sna---holy moly tinned anchovies-- foles has disappeared! hes beneath that pile of arizona uniforms somewhere...ah yes, endonkadong, er, big mr suh collapsed the line! foles never had a chance!

Apparently they think they have the most unique, best, unstoppable, impossible to defend offense of all time.

It's funny.

Yes, because we've never seen a spread JUST LIKE THEIRS before. <_<

due to the fact i want to strangle their entire forum there i will not post on it, needless to say if i did i'd go with a old fashioned EMAW for them. idiots.

Apparently they think they have the most unique, best, unstoppable, impossible to defend offense of all time.

It's funny.

Yes, because we've never seen a spread JUST LIKE THEIRS before. <_<

due to the fact i want to strangle their entire forum there i will not post on it, needless to say if i did i'd go with a old fashioned EMAW for them. idiots.

I second that feeling. Most of their posters don't want a football discussion, they just want to present that everything they have is better and there is no possible way we can beat them.

I second that feeling. Most of their posters don't want a football discussion, they just want to present that everything they have is better and there is no possible way we can beat them.

Yep. One guy said they would win the special teams battle. I asked him why, so he posted three stats that were an essential push between Arizona and Nebraska, then directed me to the NCAA stats page so I could "see for myself" why they were superior to us. They average two more yards per kickoff return and five more yards per punt return than we do. That's why they'll win the special teams battle.

So then I mention that Texas is comparable to Arizona on nearly every special teams stat and we handled them quite well, and he laughed because doing well against Texas doesn't mean we'll do well against them.

Solid logic, but hardly a basis for discussion.

[

this is exactly what ive been thinking about...foles moves under center, checks his wide outs... suh surveys the line, takes his stance...foles braces, wiggles his fingers under his centers butt...suh wiggles his fingers and the rest of the arizona line braces as well...heres the sna---holy moly tinned anchovies-- foles has disappeared! hes beneath that pile of arizona uniforms somewhere...ah yes, endonkadong, er, big mr suh collapsed the line! foles never had a chance!

it's on like Ndonkeykong!

Arizona is a completely different team than when they played Iowa. Different QB, who has played a ton better than the guy who started the year. Plus, once their running back got injured, they went to a more "spread" attack out of necessity, and it has worked very well.

I'm saying NU will win, just not as easy as some may think. With our offense, I cant believe ANYONE would think this game will be anything more than a 10 pt game at best.

all teams morph a bit through the season.

arizona did, nu did.

every team has personnel changes as well.

completely different team??

not so sure.

but the mighty skers will beat them easily.

no problemo. :)

Do you think after Utah beats Cal tonight AU fans will still be talking about how much better the Pac 10 is than the Big 12? Oregon State sure didn't prove anything...

According to the Arizona board, Oregon St didn't even want to play in that game and that's why they sucked it up something fierce.

Cal will be missing Javid Best, and they probably didn't want to go their bowl anyway. :lol:

Do you think after Utah beats Cal tonight AU fans will still be talking about how much better the Pac 10 is than the Big 12? Oregon State sure didn't prove anything...

According to the Arizona board, Oregon St didn't even want to play in that game and that's why they sucked it up something fierce.

Cal will be missing Javid Best, and they probably didn't want to go their bowl anyway. :lol:

i started glancing at boards of teams we could possibly face in a bowl awhile back...the goazcats forum always stood out, and i cant say it was because i was impressed with them.

im becoming really tired of the Pac-10 super duper talk. I'd rather have a drunken Pennsylvania ironworker fill my ear with Big Ten talk while spitting yuengling at me all night than hear any more garbage about the Pac 10's supposed dominance.

They do have a point about the strength of the Pac-10 this year. They have been a very good conference, headlined by Oregon, Stanford and the Cinderella story of Washington. USC is no slouch, and Cal is a good team, too. Don't be surprised to see Cal beat the Utes.

i dont doubt theyve been a good conference, i just get tired of all the talk that they are the best, top to bottom, blah blah. they very well may be evenly matched top to bottom this year. the pac 10 has always just thrown me off i guess. we'll see how bowl season wraps up. im eagerly awaiting the stanford/ou game. what a matchup.

it seems like this pac 10 being great talk only started picking up true steam after the team that began the latest run of success they had went down. we know how a true top dog can bring everyone else that plays them year in and out closer to their level, making the whole league better. but i just find i find it amusing i guess when the true power in that conference is down, there are claims of national conference supremacy because their top dog finally had a bad year and lost several games. is the whole conference really that much better this year than last? ergo is the SEC down because they were the top conference dog and now a 'new' face is in charge there for the foreseeable future? it seems like a strange ying/yang thing to me.

im not saying that the pac 10 is bad. its just that there is not nearly enough out there for me to say they are the best conference in the land.

They do have a point about the strength of the Pac-10 this year. They have been a very good conference, headlined by Oregon, Stanford and the Cinderella story of Washington. USC is no slouch, and Cal is a good team, too. Don't be surprised to see Cal beat the Utes.

Even if Cal does beat Utah, which I doubt they will, I do not think they have done anything to prove they are better than the Big Twelve. Their best team got blasted by Boise and gave up over 50 to Stanford.

It has been a funky year for Big Twelve but I really don't think the Pac has beaten any Non Conference team that would lead me to believe differently. And Va Tech, Miami, BYU all 1 point games. Plus we have a win over Georgia.

Bottom line - after tonight Pac 0-2 we'll see who the best conference is.

It's very hard to compare the Big 12 to any other conference. We've suffered, as a conference, SO MANY players lost due to injuries (and some stupidity):

Our entire O Line. And our top two RBs

Sam Bradford and Gresham

Blaine Gabbert (via Suh)

Dez Bryant

Robert Griffin

Who else? I know I'm missing some guys.

This was a weird season where so many key players from highly-touted teams got hurt, so all that prowess our teams built themselves around was gone.

Hard to excel when you've lost that much talent.