Suh is first defensive player to win the AP Player of the Year!

G_Rock

<_< While the honor is nice for Suh, I still don't put a whole lot into these guys opinions. They most likely hadn't seen every player in the NCAA, so only went with what was in ink. We could take one fan out of every conference and have them vote, and it would have as much credence if not more.

<_< While the honor is nice for Suh, I still don't put a whole lot into these guys opinions. They most likely hadn't seen every player in the NCAA, so only went with what was in ink. We could take one fan out of every conference and have them vote, and it would have as much credence if not more.

I disagree. I think that an AP writer would be a more experienced and objective writer then one from a smaller regional news source. Although the national recognition of a Heisman award would have been nice, the AP writers award is more prestiegious. At least the way I see it. Look at the order of finish: Suh, Gerhart, Ingram. That is an order of finish that reflects what really happend on the field this past season.