****BREAKING NEWS****Urban Meyer Steps down at Florida

sarge87

My guess is that a couple of recruits started wavering & the UF big wigs decided that they needed to put some spin on this to keep them committed.

:yeah

and i think thats a sad, despicable thing to do. "oh no 5 star, im still going to be here, im just taking a little vacation, there is no chance our scheme will change or where you fit in...just sign right here, no worries..." then *POOF* no more Urban.

if this is why hes staying on or whatever, i see it doing more harm to the program than good. what type A successful coach is gonna wanna work under his "oversight?" im sorry, even if he had half the class of someone like TO, at least TO had been gone for awhile and ties had been cut. Florida better figure out what they want to do fast with this.

Dude can't handle not being in the NC game and thought he divert the attention back to himself.

:facepalm:

Glad to hear Urban is doing well though.

As a cynic I wonder if he doesn't want to be blamed for the season the team will have next year without Tim Tebow.

Most likely there will be a little decline in offensive performace and if he's not there he won't have to take the heat.

Then if they do implode everyone will use the excuse that Urban isn't there and that why they have so many losses and he will look even better. It's a win win for him either way and he doesn't have to break in a new team.