****BREAKING NEWS****Urban Meyer Steps down at Florida

sarge87

As annoying as all the Tebow talk is/was I think people making all those "Jesus" jokes with him are equally annoying...

Especially in a situation like this, this thread is about Urban stepping down and his health I guess I just think there would be a better place to go comment on Tebow and post Jesus jokes.

I guess thats just my 2 cents....

As annoying as all the Tebow talk is/was I think people making all those "Jesus" jokes with him are equally annoying...

Especially in a situation like this, this thread is about Urban stepping down and his health I guess I just think there would be a better place to go comment on Tebow and post Jesus jokes.

I agree with your 2 cents. Comments like the Tebow Jesus healing statement embarrass the entire state of Nebraska. I think there is a time and a place for good natured joking, but throwing something like that out at this time is classless. I am glad to see that most Husker Board members will take a higher road by wishing Coach Meyer well.

Whoa....I'm shocked, but I completely understand his need to take care of himself for his family's sake.

I've always respected Coach Meyer and I'm sorry to see him step down at such a young age.

Let's not forget when Dr. Tom stepped down, he had also mentioned his health as a contributing factor.

Being a HC at this level can be daunting, particularly when you're running an elite caliber school.

My thoughts are with Meyer and his family and hope someday he'll be able to find his way back to the sideline again.

I agree with your 2 cents. Comments like the Tebow Jesus healing statement embarrass the entire state of Nebraska. I think there is a time and a place for good natured joking, but throwing something like that out at this time is classless. I am glad to see that most Husker Board members will take a higher road by wishing Coach Meyer well.

Off my sack, it's not like the guy is dying.

The stress has gotten to him after 5 years(not surprising), and he needs a break. So what, it's not like he should ever have to work another day in his life unless he wanted to. Nobody says that these guys have to do this until they run themselves into a grave.

Make up your mind already. Do we have another Brett Farve on our hands?

Updated: December 27, 2009, 2:13 PM ET

Meyer rethinking retirement

By Mark Schlabach

ESPN.com

Florida coach Urban Meyer, who announced Saturday night that he would step down after coaching the Gators against Cincinnati in the Allstate Sugar Bowl on New Year's Day, is now having second thoughts about retirement, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com on Sunday.

Under a plan being discussed, Florida offensive coordinator Steve Adazzio would coach the Gators in the Sugar Bowl. Meyer, who cited health concerns as the reason for his retirement, would take a leave of absence and return to the team before the 2010 season.

However, a source close to the program told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that Meyer would take a leave of absence for the entirety of the 2010 season. Adazzio would take over as interim coach for the season.

Meyer, who led the Gators to BCS national championships in 2006 and 2008, is scheduled to address media members in New Orleans at 4:30 p.m. Sunday.

Mark Schlabach covers college football and men's college basketball for ESPN.com. You can contact him at schlabachma@yahoo.com.