Dark thoughts

tmfr15

No matter how I try to get around this....I just don't know if I can stand to watch the NU offense wonder around in the wilderness for four more quarters this year. In close to 30 years of Husker fandom, I have never missed a televised game and at least listened to radio unless there was no other way. I am considering just skipping this game. I keep telling myself how good the D is and that I want to watch Suh one last time, but I admit that every time Suh or the defense as a whole makes a big play I think, damn, the offense is going to screw this up. I just know it.

I think of the LONG and HARD offseason that lasts for months and months and months and I feel like pulling a Tim Tebow and crying it out. At the same time, the pain of watching this game might out-weigh the negative feeling of having missed a game I could have watched, even one that directly preceeds the offseason.

Thoughts.

:dunno

No matter how I try to get around this....I just don't know if I can stand to watch the NU offense wonder around in the wilderness for four more quarters this year. In close to 30 years of Husker fandom, I have never missed a televised game and at least listened to radio unless there was no other way. I am considering just skipping this game. I keep telling myself how good the D is and that I want to watch Suh one last time, but I admit that every time Suh or the defense as a whole makes a big play I think, damn, the offense is going to screw this up. I just know it.

I think of the LONG and HARD offseason that lasts for months and months and months and I feel like pulling a Tim Tebow and crying it out. At the same time, the pain of watching this game might out-weigh the negative feeling of having missed a game I could have watched, even one that directly preceeds the offseason.

Thoughts.

:dunno

I guarantee you'll watch it regardless. You just needed to get this off your chest in a forum. Don't sweat it though, we have to support our team through thick & thin. If you survived the Callahan era, then this game should be a cake walk to get through.

Sleep it off and you'll feel better come game day.

That's the nature of football. Doesn't matter if the defense blows chunks if the offense is exciting to watch, but switch it around and it's just boring...oh well, though. I've actually kinda liked our games this year...not the same re-watch value as some of our offensive explosions, but still.

I don't know. This year has just reaffirmed it for me, I've always been a defensive guy and I get excited watching them continually shut down teams. I think I watched the KU and OU games at least 4 times on 360, plus the B12CG 3x. And that's knowing full-well that our offense is abysmal.

Like cscott said...just try it. I would be willing to bet you don't make it past pregame.

I am in the midst of watching the Arizona/USC game right now and I must say, their offense can move the ball BUT our defense is much more disciplined and fundamentally sound than USC's. Knowing that I am getting a little more excited for this game.

Zona is more than capable of beating us. Never underestimate a Stoops team.

On top of that, Zona's OC is Sonny Dykes, son of former HC at TTU Spike Dykes. Sonny was TTU's OC under Leach for a few years before going to Zona. Best believe he'll try and replicate what TTU did to us earlier this year. Air raid, spread.

I am in the midst of watching the Arizona/USC game right now and I must say, their offense can move the ball BUT our defense is much more disciplined and fundamentally sound than USC's. Knowing that I am getting a little more excited for this game.

On top of that, Zona's OC is Sonny Dykes, son of former HC at TTU Spike Dykes. Sonny was TTU's OC under Leach for a few years before going to Zona. Best believe he'll try and replicate what TTU did to us earlier this year. Air raid, spread.

He's going to make the offense stink? <_< Is he going to ask Watson to have his QB throw a backwards pass and then make the WR watch as the tackle takes it back for a td?

I understand they are capable of beating us, I just don't think they are justified in saying we have never seen an offense like this before. I like that from what I saw from USC's defense I was not impressed at all. I seriously think ours is light-years ahead of USC this year, which bodes well I think, as USC has been, for the last 8 years, the benchmark of the PAC-10. Of course the X-factor is if our offense will attempt to put up more than 100 total yards.

I understand they are capable of beating us, I just don't think they are justified in saying we have never seen an offense like this before. I like that from what I saw from USC's defense I was not impressed at all. I seriously think ours is light-years ahead of USC this year, which bodes well I think, as USC has been, for the last 8 years, the benchmark of the PAC-10. Of course the X-factor is if our offense will attempt to put up more than 100 total yards.

Put it this way, if our D plays at the level of the OU & UT game, then Zona's offense is in for a long night.