Watson...what's your opinion now?

Huh?

We were a top 12 offense last year with Joe Ganz and a supporting crew that didn't even crack All-Conference caliber. Zac Taylor, nobody's all-American, was able to run this, too.

The notion that Nebraska players somehow can't master a fancy big city offensive scheme is faulty and insulting. The notion that you can just decide to run really hard and knock defenses on their butts is kinda naive, too.

Replace "multiple" with "balanced" and "average" with "good" because there is absolutely no rule that a team can't run and pass the ball equally well. It's actually what a lot of successful teams do. It's also the innovation that Tom Osborne brought to the Devaney teams.

Although TO got his national championships using a triple option running attack, I'm not so sure he'd try to replicate it if he were coaching today.

For reals. Look what we produced out of a couple of undersized, noodle-armed QBs and WRs who couldn't stretch the field.

I have a problem with people who just have a problem with the scheme in principle. I almost feel like we could have a perenially mediocre smashmouth option offense and people would be happy just because they can believe in it. Old school Nebraska way and all that. The NUMBER of times people bag on what we run now as being "cute", "finness", "wimpy", "west coast BS"..

But those guys running out on the field, they ARE Nebraska. Even if it's not the legendary schemes we grew up loving. Enough "it's not the Nebraska way"...