Navy vs. Mizzou

WVhuskerXX

Is Pinkel on the hot seat yet? Last year they were supposed to be NC contenders and they squeak out an overtime win against Northwestern in the Alamo Bowl.

This year, they fell out of the North race by November and almost lost to an imploding KU team their last game (probably should have if it weren't for some extremely questionable playcalling in the final four minutes by KU). Now they looked entirely uninspired and are losing by two scores to Navy in a lower-tier bowl.

Well he's having a good year recruiting, so I can't see them pulling the plug on him just yet. Who knows? :dunno

I'm sure he's fine for next season at least. But you have to wonder what happens if they go 7-5 or 8-4 again with Gabbert back.

I have said this before, first let me say that I have coached football for 10 years now so I have been around a lot of football players and sent a handful to D1 schools, two that play for the Skers right now.

Gabbert has all the tools but the kid just doesnt have "it" he is just not a winner, I would venture to guess that he did not win to much in high school either and I would guess people made excuses for him like "he played on a crappy team" and stuff like that. Some kids have all the tools and look the part and get great stats but they just dont get the wins. I can't explain it any better then that.

Please dont think I am trying to come off as some know-it-all a-hole, its just what I have seen from my coaching experience.

Another thing I have noticed is that Bo and his staff seem to go after high school players that play at very established programs that are known for their tradition of winning and hard work. Now, the kids from those places might not have crazy stats and might only be a 3 star kid but you better beleive that they understand what it takes to be a winner.

I have said this before, first let me say that I have coached football for 10 years now so I have been around a lot of football players and sent a handful to D1 schools, two that play for the Skers right now.

Gabbert has all the tools but the kid just doesnt have "it" he is just not a winner, I would venture to guess that he did not win to much in high school either and I would guess people made excuses for him like "he played on a crappy team" and stuff like that. Some kids have all the tools and look the part and get great stats but they just dont get the wins. I can't explain it any better then that.

Please dont think I am trying to come off as some know-it-all a-hole, its just what I have seen from my coaching experience.

I remember hearing the story from Ron Brown about how Brook Berringer came from a crappy HS football team, but he had that untapped talent about him. It was like if you gave him the tools, you knew he'd reach his potential. Sure enough, the handful of games that we were fortunate enough to see him play in at NU, he came through like a champ.

RIP Brook

I remember hearing the story from Ron Brown about how Brook Berringer came from a crappy HS football team, but he had that untapped talent about him. It was like if you gave him the tools, you knew he'd reach his potential. Sure enough, the handful of games that we were fortunate enough to see him play in at NU, he came through like a champ.

RIP Brook

I had never heard that story but like I said, some kids just want to win more then others or have some kind of vibe about them.