Why Burkhead looked so good.

cb1954

It is in the playbook...but there isnt really any reason to show a play like that when the game is in hand...save it for a big game next year.. (Texas) no need to show our hand if we dont have to

next year Watson needs to let it all hang out, for his own sake.

A healthy Helu, wildrex, robinson, a stong armed Lee and N.Paul we should have plenty of offensive weapons

It is in the playbook...but there isnt really any reason to show a play like that when the game is in hand...save it for a big game next year.. (Texas) no need to show our hand if we dont have to

next year Watson needs to let it all hang out, for his own sake.

A healthy Helu, wildrex, robinson, a stong armed Lee and N.Paul we should have plenty of offensive weapons

Those weapons are all fine and dandy, but it starts with the O-line.

The kids a freshman and he ran our offense like a vet. White shoes or not the kid can play! Watch out for years to come!

Ran our offense like a vet? The kid had a half dozen plays to learn, and three weeks to do it. Sure he looked good, but let's not act like he's on his way to being the next starting QB!

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if some of those plays all but disapear by next season. Sure it sounds ridiculous now, but it wouldn't be the first time a scheme has seemed to work for Watson only to be abandoned to the proverbial scrap heap.

It is very rare for a freshman to show the good judgment that Rex has this year. He plays like an older player. Freshmen are expected to make all kinds of mistakes, but he has good fundamentals and has shown us a level head. He was a great pickup for us.

Usually when a freshman has the ball, I'm closing my eyes and wincing as I wait for the fumble, strip, or interception. With Burkhead, I don't get that feeling at all. I hope we get a lot more like him in the future.

It is very rare for a freshman to show the good judgment that Rex has this year. He plays like an older player. Freshmen are expected to make all kinds of mistakes, but he has good fundamentals and has shown us a level head. He was a great pickup for us.

Usually when a freshman has the ball, I'm closing my eyes and wincing as I wait for the fumble, strip, or interception. With Burkhead, I don't get that feeling at all. I hope we get a lot more like him in the future.

Helu was quoted saying that Burkhead has the best hands on the team.

In the last recruiting class the two I was most excited about were Burkhead and Taylor Martinez. I think both will be raising the offense to new levels next season.

Has Taylor Martinez settled in on a position yet?

He gets his chance at QB this spring and with Lee's arm surgery, you never know.

Burkhead does have great hands, soft enough to catch anything close to him, and tough enough not to fumble.

I do not believe he did fumble this year, the only one I can think of was at Missouri in the rain on a punt return.

Which he just fell on.

In the last recruiting class the two I was most excited about were Burkhead and Taylor Martinez. I think both will be raising the offense to new levels next season.

Has Taylor Martinez settled in on a position yet?

He gets his chance at QB this spring and with Lee's arm surgery, you never know.

Burkhead does have great hands, soft enough to caress anything close to him, and tough enough to apply just the right amount of pressure in those sore areas.

I do not believe he did fumble this year, the only one I can think of was at Missouri in the rain on a punt return.

Which he just fell on.