What to call the wildcat formantion

The Gambler...does it work, no? Sounds like a gamble to me...

I like it. But still the best I've heard is The Maize.

Oh....and I've heard them all.

I could live with The Maize...has a nice old school sound to it.

That's one of things I thought of when I heard it. However I also took into consideration the other ways Maize - Maze are spelled and the different meanings the two words have:

Maze - a confusing network of intercommunicating paths or passages

Maize - (one definition) wild corn.

Der Veiner Schliger I like because of the confusion where the "dog" will land. If you've ever seen him aim and shoot, you've seen the "dog" doesn't always land where he aims. (Confusion).

sure, as a wrinkle i guess. i dunno, i just get really leery when people start flashing brights lights about how its oh so genius, and oh rex threw for 600 yards as a sophomore in high school so he could totally throw out of it...and on and on and on...it scares me. i want to be able to call our line the "pipeline" again, and watch what rex can do behind that, before i get all worked up about some gimmick offense.

i want a four wheel drive, crew cab diesel pickup truck of an offense. not some fancy showcar thats scared to get off the trailer.

Der Veiner Schliger I like because of the confusion where the "dog" will land. If you've ever seen him aim and shoot, you've seen the "dog" doesn't always land where he aims. (Confusion).

I have shot Der Veiner Schlinger, and that's a very accurate description. We ran into that guy at a grocery store opening. If you made the beanbag in the hole you got a free hot dog or shirt or whatever. I at least hit the plywood cutout target, but a lot of folks even missed that.

It would be perfectly fine with me if the entire college football watching world just called it "The Wildcat" no matter who runs it or where. As others far more astute than I have pointed out, every f'ing school doesn't get a special name for when they line up in the shotgun, under center or virtually any other formation. This obsession with having a unique cutesy name for every team in the country that runs this old gimmick play is getting old. "Trickeration" old.

It would be perfectly fine with me if the entire college football watching world just called it "The Wildcat" no matter who runs it or where. As others far more astute than I have pointed out, every f'ing school doesn't get a special name for when they line up in the shotgun, under center or virtually any other formation. This obsession with having a unique cutesy name for every team in the country that runs this old gimmick play is getting old. "Trickeration" old.

No....every other school has a tendancy to follow NU. As an example......

1. Husker Nation was invented in Nebraska. How every team as their Nation

2. Zach Wiegert invented the holding 4 fingers at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Now, every team does it.

These are just two examples of where NU labeled something and some other team put their name to it. Next somebody will call a play "they came up with" the Fumblerooski".

No, we are NU, and will label something and let others follow. Too bad NU doesn't patient these things.