#1 scoring defense?

Ok. After all of those stats though, which would you rather have: 2007 or 2009? Defense wins championships. Granted, we do need more offense.

Without question or hesitation I'd take 2009 because you're right - defense does win championships. It's just weird that we've flip-flopped from great offense/horrible defense to horrible offense/great defense.

I'm not doom-and-glooming too much, though. I know all about our disastrous injuries, graduation and attrition. I guess my other post looked like a lot of hand-wringing, and I didn't mean that.

I think we'll be far better on offense next year. I think we'll step back a bit on defense, but still be in the top ten. If we can just get a little bit better on offense, look the heck out, NCAA D1. :)

When Dareus ran that ball back, it sort of reminded me of Suh doing that last year.

Suh had a better throw at the end of the play though, Suh about put the ball through the fence at Mem. Stadium, Dareus looked like he just got done eating buttery popcorn

I agree. Suh's TD was much better.

Did Suh get flagged for a PF at the end of that play by the way? I remember someone getting flagged for removing their helmet but can't remember if the ref's flagged Suh for throwing the ball.

When Dareus ran that ball back, it sort of reminded me of Suh doing that last year.

Suh had a better throw at the end of the play though, Suh about put the ball through the fence at Mem. Stadium, Dareus looked like he just got done eating buttery popcorn

I agree. Suh's TD was much better.

Did Suh get flagged for a PF at the end of that play by the way? I remember someone getting flagged for removing their helmet but can't remember if the ref's flagged Suh for throwing the ball.

No flags at all - even with thrown ball or helmet off.

Unfortunately, the flip side of that is that we scored 163 points in those same final three games in 2007.

In 2009 we scored 168 points in our final nine games.

Let's get this offense in gear and get going as a team. All we need to do is score one more field goal per game (42 points on the season) and we'd have a top 50 offense.

Yeah, One more field goal per game and we would be a one loss team possibly in the National championship but for sure in a BCS game.

We were really close this year. <_<