Jim Jeffcoat to OU as a Def. coach

OU blog is reporting that OU is going to offer Jim Jeffcoat a job.(Ex NFL/Dallas Cowboy standout) I guess his Rivals top 20 DE son would follow him for four years too. Jackson Jeffcoat has 1/22/10 visit listed to OU.

What would a coach like that make a year? 200 to 250K? Times 4 years about a million dollars to get his son to commit to OU.

If this happens would this be any different than Reggie Bush's family getting free use of a home for four years?

Let's see how this all plays out.

Link: http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2010/01/18/if-not-jeffcoat-what-about-ruffin-mcneill-or-jim-leavitt/

Another post on a OU message board that says Jim Jeffcoat will stay at UH for 2010.

Jeffcoat Considers UH, Three OthersUpdated: Monday, 18 Jan 2010, 3:08 PM CST

Published : Monday, 18 Jan 2010, 2:27 PM CST

MARK BERMAN

Sports Director

HOUSTON - The University of Houston basketball program knows a thing or two about Final Fours, having played in five of them back in the day.

The football program is now experiencing a different kind of Final Four.

Plano West High School defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat, rated second in the nation at his position by Rivals.com, has cut the list of schools he is considering. The University of Houston has made his personal final four.

"I am considering Houston, Texas, Oklahoma and Arizona State," Jackson Jeffcoat said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports.

The University of Houston could be considered to have a major edge because Jeffcoat's father, Jim, a former NFL star, is the Cougars defensive line coach. However, both say that is not the case.

"My dad wants me to be happy," Jackson Jeffcoat said. "If I go to Houston he will be happy. If I go somewhere else he will be happy."

The elder Jeffcoat agrees.

"It's not difficult," Jim Jeffcoat said. "My parents did that for me.

"He is going to be there four or five years. He has to be happy. I want him to make a decision that best suits him, not me, his mother or anyone else."

Jim Jeffcoat was a star with the Dallas Cowboys for 12 years where he helped them win with a pair of Super Bowls. He finished out his 15-year NFL career with the Buffalo Bills.

Jim Jeffcoat has been the University of Houston defensive line coach for two years.

"Houston is a great school," Jackson Jeffcoat said. "They have a great D-line coach. I know that. He has a lot of knowledge and experience."

Father got a big kick out of that quote.

"He's lived with me, so I am sure he would say that," Jim Jeffcoat said laughing. I try not to be over-bearing. At least he didn't say I'm a good father, but not a very good coach."

At 6'3, 230 pounds, Jackson Jeffcoat had 82 tackles and nine quarterback sacks during his senior season.

"I still have one more visit to take and that's to Oklahoma," Jackson Jeffcoat said.

"Then I am going to cut the list down or go ahead and just make my decision."

Jeffcoat said he plans to visit Oklahoma later this week and could make his decision next week.

The 19-year old athlete handles media interviews with the grace of a seasoned adult. He knows what he wants to do and he is not going to let anything or anyone get in the way.

Also, Jackson Jeffcoat has not allowed the pressure of being recruited by every school that matters overwhelm him.

Mom and dad had something to do with that.

"It hasn't been too difficult because my parents have helped me out a lot," Jackson Jeffcoat said.

And that includes helping him make the final decision.

"My parents always tell me to pray about it," Jackson Jeffcoat said.

"God will give me the gut feeling this is right for me."

There are four college football programs praying right now for a little divine intervention.

By the way Jim Jeffcoat told FOX 26 Sports he will continue to be the defensive line coach at Houston during the 2010 season.

Perhaps that will silence the misinformation on the internet which has been trying to connect him to other jobs.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/local/100118-jeffcoat-considers-uh-others

Last edited on Mon Jan 18th, 2010 02:00 pm by 47Straight

Walt

Administrator

Country of Origin: United States of America

Signature: If a shark comes after your camera - let 'em ...

Mana:

Posted: Mon Jan 18th, 2010 02:12 pm

If this happens would this be any different than Reggie Bush's family getting free use of a home for four years?

It would be somewhat different, in that neither of Bush's parents had 15 year NFL careers or had two years experience coaching a Div 1 defensive line, and that Jeffcoat would actually be performing coaching duties in exchange for the money.