Q&A With Recruiting Analyst Tom Luginbill

So did we decide 20 year olds can still post on this board? I just signed up and was all pumped to talk Husker talk with all these cool personalities I've been observing for a while now.

Tom Luginbill-er whatever can say whatever he wants. I'm pretty proud of this class. Especially if Coop and Owa join the fray, no disappointment from this fella.

Welcome to the Board T-Husker! Don't be shy, jump right in! Just a few rules you should abide by. First of all, make sure you have an opinion on Callahan and Solich and be sure to start numerous threads thumping your position. Second, make sure that you have a definite stance on Recruiting Rankings. Be sure to start threads and post frequently thumping your position. Third, pick a position on Blackouts and be sure to post often thumping your position. Finally, learn to have age stereotypes regarding posters. If you are young, make sure that you call all old posters fuddy duddies. They love that one, trust me. Have fun!

Hahah! I feel welcome already!

So did we decide 20 year olds can still post on this board? I just signed up and was all pumped to talk Husker talk with all these cool personalities I've been observing for a while now.

Tom Luginbill-er whatever can say whatever he wants. I'm pretty proud of this class. Especially if Coop and Owa join the fray, no disappointment from this fella.

Welcome to the Board T-Husker! Don't be shy, jump right in! Just a few rules you should abide by. First of all, make sure you have an opinion on Callahan and Solich and be sure to start numerous threads thumping your position. Second, make sure that you have a definite stance on Recruiting Rankings. Be sure to start threads and post frequently thumping your position. Third, pick a position on Blackouts and be sure to post often thumping your position. Finally, learn to have age stereotypes regarding posters. If you are young, make sure that you call all old posters fuddy duddies. They love that one, trust me. Have fun! :sarcasm

FTFY

There is some legitimacy to the criticism. As I mentioned before, if you look at the offer list, Nebraska offered a lot of very highly rated QBs and WRs and pretty much struck out for various reasons. Now the guys we got at WR may be exactly what we need, but I'm pretty sure Bo would have loved to have Darius White in this class.

OTOH do an image search on Tom Luginbill and you'll find this:

post-3018-126403183564.jpg

(From Recruit ing Planet)

I don't understand. I see the monkey, but where is the flying poop? lol

I think we'll be hearing that crap for another year, until we win the BCS. Then we'll be able to tell other, non-husker fans, what we believe. That Bo Pelini knows what he's doing and that we should trust him.

I think us 20 year old kids are fine to post here. :)

This guy is from Scout. Rivals has Heard as the 57th best player in the nation. 7th best running back.

2000 yards and 9.25 YPC as a senior.

Notables rated above Braylon on Rivals 100 RB's.

1) Lattimore So Carolina or Auburn. Auburn has Dyer already

2) Dyer Auburn commit

3) Seatrunk LSU, Auburn, UO

4) Dillon Baxter POY USC (recommitted today)

5) Silas PSU

6) Brennan Clay Oklahoma

7) B Heard Nebraska

Braylon's stats rival any RB in the nation in total yards and YPC (9.25).

Putting a top 5 or top 7 back in NU with our Defense is nothing to sneeze at, in my opinion.

I don't put much stock in Scout at all. Todd McShay does a good job but that is after these guys have 3 to 4 years in college.

Crabtree on 1620 today just said that B Heard is the number 5 running back in the country!!!

Scouts Inc and Scout are two separate entities.